Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

She is back as a moderator on their Discord channel. 

She can not change the attitude of that bunch over there. I gave up.

Having mixed results with Block 2 now. Worked out the issue with AP disconnects. But now I have a new problem where I cannot get the a320 to descend in managed mode when at (or before) TOD. Aircraft climbs to cruise altitude with AP engaged just fine. While at cruise altitude, I enter the lower, desired altitude for the IAF with altitude knob, which I press in (arrow up) with the mouse when about 10 nm prior to TOD. The managed mode dot “o” does not appear and the aircraft continues to cruise. I have a support ticket with Fenix for this, but I wonder if any other Avsim pilots have had this experience using the Block 2 a320. Never had this problem with earlier versions. 
Rich

23 minutes ago, rlashier said:

Having mixed results with Block 2 now. Worked out the issue with AP disconnects. But now I have a new problem where I cannot get the a320 to descend in managed mode when at (or before) TOD. Aircraft climbs to cruise altitude with AP engaged just fine. While at cruise altitude, I enter the lower, desired altitude for the IAF with altitude knob, which I press in (arrow up) with the mouse when about 10 nm prior to TOD. The managed mode dot “o” does not appear and the aircraft continues to cruise. I have a support ticket with Fenix for this, but I wonder if any other Avsim pilots have had this experience using the Block 2 a320. Never had this problem with earlier versions. 
Rich

I have had the same problem twice today. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

Posted (edited)

Just noticed  this  just  now, maybe  it  was  in  the  last  version,  but  when  the  passengers  leave  the  aircraft  they leave  foot  prints  on  the  carpet  of  the  isle  as  they leave.  So far  having  no issues  with  the  new  version  as  of  yet

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, rlashier said:

Rich

1) Were you in NAV mode? It won't work in HDG mode.

2) Was a vertical path (VDEV) shown on the PFD? If not, something was wrong with your vertical path (i.e. it wasn't able to calculate one, likely due to disconnections in the flight plan).

3) Were you 100% in ALT CRZ mode (i.e. did you reach your programmed cruise level)? If you stopped your climb before reaching your programmed cruise level, it cannot do a managed descent.

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Upvote 2

For me the Fenix flies perfectly by the book. No problems whatsoever (except for one time the displays woudln't come on and I had to restart MSFS). Judging by the stuff people post on Discord, most problems are actually user errors. This is to be expected, because the A320 is a very complex flying computer and it doesn't like if you do something "out-of-the-box", especially in regards to the managed modes. Some things might have actually been fine on v1, because the system logic wasn't in place yet, so that's also a possible factor. Of course, some things are just bugs, but it's a bit harder to differentiate compared to e.g. the good ol' 737.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, ConstVoid said:

The button on your stick must be set to 'AUTOPILOT OFF', not any other function. If that is done the first press will disconnect the AP and the second will silence the alarm (after a minimum of one cavalry charge I believe),

Finally managed to save it once I set my TCA up from scratch in the settings and now it works as normal. I think there was some kind of conflict as I had copied the settings over from the FBW, something I never do, but I did in a rush the night I downloaded the aircraft for a test flight.

• Like 1

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

38 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

For me the Fenix flies perfectly by the book. No problems whatsoever (except for one time the displays woudln't come on and I had to restart MSFS)

Yeah the managed VNAV is very accurate, I was hovering over V/S mode all through my descent last night and I never had to touch in the end until the last few 1000 feet which is normal on the LOGAN2H into Heathrow.

I also had a strange bug when entering the cockpit, all the lights were on and none of the buttons on the overhead panel worked, quick reset into the main menu and back and it was fine.

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

2 hours ago, El Diablito said:

Yeah the managed VNAV is very accurate

Indeed. Descending at the computed TOD marker has never failed me thus far with V2. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6400 32-38-38-30 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

15 hours ago, El Diablito said:

My money is on an update tomorrow or Tuesday

not bad

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Once I'm done with my current flight in another, undisclosed aircraft, I'll jump into the updated Fenix and test the following:

Tuned alpha protection and recovery (should fix AP not engaging spuriously issue)

Not sure how I can test for this though:

Improved “zombie MSFS process” resistance

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6400 32-38-38-30 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

Alpha floor with iae during take of flaps 3 you can easily have this protection alive 

I found iae was less power than cfm after lift of, and if you don't aware of that speed decrease strongly 

Frédéric Giraud

The Autopilot disconnect and not being able to re-engaged might be a nuisance but it is very easily solved. All those tips about moving all the control around are just over the top. A decisive, quick and short input on the sidestick full forward is totally sufficient.

This is how I resolve it, when it happens and yesterday I even could help a fellow pilot out on VATSIM after I heard him tell ATC that he lost his AP on Approach.

• Like 1