Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

Just now, Farlis said:

The Autopilot disconnect and not being able to re-engaged might be a nuisance but it is very easily solved. All those tips about moving all the control around are just over the top. A decisive, quick and short input on the sidestick full forward is totally sufficient.

This is how I resolve it, when it happens and yesterday I even could help a fellow pilot out on VATSIM after I heard him tell ATC that he lost his AP on Approach.

I like that. “ lost my AP on approach.”

…..then hand fly it…

• Like 3

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Just now, ahsmatt7 said:

I like that. “ lost my AP on approach.”

…..then hand fly it…

You know how many simpilots are. Handflying jets is not their forte. So I was just lending a helping hand, like a virtual First Officer who knew what caused the problem and how to resolve it.

I mean the A320 is really easy to handfly. I had my first occurence of that disconnect on an approach to Zürich, also on VATSIM and at that time I did not know how to resolve it, yet. So I just flew it by hand, and didn't bother to tell ATC about it.

9 minutes ago, Farlis said:

You know how many simpilots are. Handflying jets is not their forte.

This is what I fail to understand. Just the other day I was hand-flying the Fenix from KBOS-CYYZ. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6400 32-38-38-30 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

53 minutes ago, Farlis said:

You know how many simpilots are. Handflying jets is not their forte. So I was just lending a helping hand, like a virtual First Officer who knew what caused the problem and how to resolve it.

I mean the A320 is really easy to handfly. I had my first occurence of that disconnect on an approach to Zürich, also on VATSIM and at that time I did not know how to resolve it, yet. So I just flew it by hand, and didn't bother to tell ATC about it.

I totally get it. Good on your for helping. That’s also a commodity these days unfortunately.

• Like 2

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

...Improved “zombie MSFS process” resistance ...

Not sure how I can test for this though:

I think that this is the issue that I was having. The sim keeps running but the airplane controls become unresponsive and it stops following the flight plan. Then everyone dies.

It happened to me on nearly every flight where the flight plan had a disconnect. The ORCKA SID out of KLAX, for example. Not sure why everyone else wasn't seeing it, but I usually set an RTA in every flight and Aamir said that he found & fixed a bug with RTA while I was working with him.

So if that was the bug referenced, it is fixed. I just flew that flight for the 3rd time today and had no problems at all. Haven't been able to fly it since last August.   

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

Posted (edited)

boas comandos eu tenho um problema no fenix ele não me ativa o auto trust A/THR quando decolo isso obriga a controlar a velocidade durante o voo todo manualmente para não entrar em overspeed e não consigo reverter a situação já instalei o avião 3 vezes e não resolveu alguém sabe o que se trata ??? ou como poço resolver ???

ENGLISH TRANSLATION FOLLOWS:

good commands, I have a problem with the Fenix, it doesn't activate auto trust A/THR when I take off, this forces me to control the speed during the entire flight manually so as not to go into overspeed and I can't reverse the situation, I've already installed the plane 3 times and it doesn't work. Did anyone know what this is about??? or how can I solve it???

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Translated to English

@ANTONIO213 English only, please!

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

19 minutes ago, ANTONIO213 said:

good commands, I have a problem with the Fenix, it doesn't activate auto trust A/THR when I take off, this forces me to control the speed during the entire flight manually so as not to go into overspeed and I can't reverse the situation, I've already installed the plane 3 times and it doesn't work. Did anyone know what this is about??? or how can I solve it???

Probably a user error, your aircraft is not in take-off mode and that's probably because you forgot an important step in the pre-flight procedure:
- Departure selected in the MCDU FPLN page?
- PERF takeoff page filled completely?
- INIT A + B page filled completely?

Also just read that you cannot enable ATHR manually either, is that correct?

Anyway I suggest you watch some tutorial preflight and takeoff video on Youtube and see what you do differently.

• Like 3

Today I got an INVALID F-PLN UPLINK message, solved the problem changing the route in Simbrief, it's my first time about this bug. The Fenix app is requires login every 4/5 times, I tried a new install, without success.

My flares are quite good now, but it's very difficult to control the throttles and going to full reverse, my solution is pressing F2 more times at 30ft RA.

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

2 hours ago, Claudius_ said:

Today I got an INVALID F-PLN UPLINK message, solved the problem changing the route in Simbrief, it's my first time about this bug. The Fenix app is requires login every 4/5 times, I tried a new install, without success.

My flares are quite good now, but it's very difficult to control the throttles and going to full reverse, my solution is pressing F2 more times at 30ft RA.

I read about that before. IIRC it was because the flight plan had coordinates in the it somewhere instead of a named waypoint.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

2 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

I read about that before. IIRC it was because the flight plan had coordinates in the it somewhere instead of a named waypoint.

I set up reverse in MSFS, and can use my throttle to adjust amount of reverse. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Claudius_ said:

This is usually the result of the simbrief route having waypoints or airways that aren’t in the database.  I kept getting this after a reinstall and then realised that I’d forgotten to update the navdata. I’ve never seen it with a route generated with current navdata from both simbrief and in the aircraft. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bennyboy75 said:

This is usually the result of the simbrief route having waypoints or airways that aren’t in the database.  I kept getting this after a reinstall and then realised that I’d forgotten to update the navdata. I’ve never seen it with a route generated with current navdata from both simbrief and in the aircraft. 

My navdata are updated, I see that other users have this problem. Never happened to me in V1.

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

On 3/11/2024 at 3:00 PM, Farlis said:

Quite agree with you that most sim pilots aren’t great stick and flyers but handling a desktop sim with consumer grade hardware is way more difficult than the real thing. 

Even very experienced RW pilots/simmers who stream struggle to fly within the parameters that they would be expected to in the real aircraft. Excessive sink rates, landing off the centreline, rather unstable approaches etc are regular features of many of these videos. 

I flew a brand new Level D A320 NEO sim a couple of years back and it was way easier than the desktop sim to fly, and the skipper who was next to me said the the real one is easier still! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Claudius_ said:

My navdata are updated, I see that other users have this problem. Never happened to me in V1.

Post which waypoints are causing the issue...

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png