Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Fenix wing flex mod

Wondering if any one has tried this mod, and  does it look realistic?

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Wondering if any one has tried this mod, and  does it look realistic?

I haven't tried it myself, but last I heard it needed modification to work with block 2 V2.  Apparently it causes such things as double throttle levers etc. 

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Just now, bobcat999 said:

I haven't tried it myself, but last I heard it needed modification to work with block 2 V2.  Apparently it causes such things as double throttle levers etc. 

I read that it had already been modified, I was just wondering if it looked fake or not...

• Like 1

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I read that it had already been modified, I was just wondering if it looked fake or not...

Actually Bob I just checked.  You are right.  Quick work by him!  He fixed the double cockpit.

All I can say is that one of the new comments says "This mod flexes the wing far too much compared to a real A320ceo."

I suppose it is a subjective judgement, as even when watching the real ones take off and land many times, I can't remember how much it flexes, and I don't get a protractor out (who does :smile:).

I suppose trying it is easy, and easily reversible, so it might be worth just giving it a go and seeing if it looks good to you yourself.
Looks like a simple drop of a 20kb file into the Community folder, or simply delete it if you don't like it.

I must admit, I am a sucker for things like this myself normally.

• Like 1

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

30 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

All I can say is that one of the new comments says "This mod flexes the wing far too much compared to a real A320ceo

Does if flap its wings now on takeoff?

• Like 3

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

34 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

Not quite.  You must be thinking of that Dune Orthocopter thing!   :laugh:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

Yes! 🙃

spacer.png

The mod creates unrealistic amounts of bounce/flex for the non-Sharkletted A320ceo.

This is how 'much' it flexes in reality:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=95q0JvYvtsM

And for comparisonm here's a wingletted 737, which is known for greater flex:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NYsFk4I14N8

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Posted (edited)

Wing flex seems to be a bit of an obsession in parts of the community like EFBs to the point wing flex is modded into places where it's not supposed to be. A320s, especially those with wing tip fences, don't flex much.

Edited by threexgreen
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

JetPhotos | Airliners.net
Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I think the latest Fenix wing flex is pretty spot on! Others think not.

There was a guy on FB yesterday who was willing to pay someone to make it more realistic, according to him even the .to mod isn't. I am personal happy with and I like details.....

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

this was written by a staff member in the discord before Block 2 was released regarding wingflex:

"for what it's worth, we based it off of actual measured deflection under load, so the total amount of deflection is definitely on point. As mentioned before, the above mod simply takes a 'long way round' approach to changing this value in the flight_model.cfg
wingflex_scalar =0.75

higher value = more flexy, lower values = less flexy - much easier to tune to your own personal preference that way too 🙂
for whatever reason, the mod does this change in the model.xml instead by changing the scalar there.

changing the value of wingflex_scalar from 0.75 to 1.0 will have the same effect as the above mod, but with less chance of it breaking things"

For what its worth I am assuming Block 1 had a wingflex_scalar =0.75 and I checked Block 2 now has it at 1.0.  Regardless it seems you can adjust this value yourself and tune to your liking.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, threexgreen said:

Wing flex seems to be a bit of an obsession in parts of the community like EFBs

not as much as  fps are concerned  🙂

Edited by pete_auau
  • Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg