Sign in to follow this  
Stratocruiser1

NEW EYE TRACKER

Has anyone seen an ad for a new eye/head tracker for the sim? It popped up in my Facebook, but now I cant find it. It uses any type of camara you may have on your monitor already and is very inexpensive. Anyone have a link to it?

Thanks

Is there a chance you mean Tobii Eye Tracker 5 but I won't consider it new, so maybe you mean something else?

Posted (edited)

https://beam.eyeware.tech/

Edited by rutrA

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 64GB RAM 6000MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

If you have a webcam gathering dust somewhere, this might interest you:

Have not tried it so I can't say for certain that it works well but it looks quite interesting.

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | 21:9 1440p UW monitor | Win 11 23H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

Posted (edited)

I was using  a webcam with the freeware apps AITrack and OpenTrack.

It was OK but I was never totally happy with it - calibration seemed to drift and I found myself constantly having to hit the re-center button.

This morning I came across a Beam Eye Tracker video by OverkillSimulations and decided to give it a try.

Works like a charm and well worth the 30 bucks IMO. 

Edited by Noell
Fix Typo
  • Like 1

Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX4080 Super Gaming OC / Dell S3422DWG Monitor / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

Anybody else tried this thing. Spent a fortune on TrackIR but I to find myself hitting the re center button.

Bean eye tracker. Seems a little hard to believe it works better then trackIR or Tobii

Ron

MSFS -A2A Comanche250 -Cessna 310 -Cessna 414 - Black Square Duke
Black Square TBM 850 - 146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-800

I'm going to give it a try. My TrackIR is almost 14 years old and nothing lasts forever. I've tried Tobii twice and just didn't care for it so I returned it. Let's see what this can do.

• Like 1

NAX669.png

I used a TrackIR for a while a few years ago and gave up on it. Recently I also tried the Tobii and ended up sending it back for a refund.

So far, and its only been a day, I'm liking the Beam Eye Tracker a lot and really looking forward to hearing what others  think.

Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX4080 Super Gaming OC / Dell S3422DWG Monitor / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

1 hour ago, mwilk said:

I'm going to give it a try. My TrackIR is almost 14 years old and nothing lasts forever. I've tried Tobii twice and just didn't care for it so I returned it. Let's see what this can do.

Ditto - I've had to repair my TCP more times than I can count hehe.  I've got a VR headset but the clarity just isn't there yet.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Posted (edited)

I tried Beam eye tracker with another (driving) sim, out of the box and with no tweaking it seems to work fine, I believe it can only get better with a deep dive into it and Opentrack's settings to do some fine tuning. 

The fact that the are giving out a free 2 hour or 14 day demo is absolute marketing genius, if you have a webcam then there's literally no reason to not give it a go if you are at all interested.

Unrelated - that Overkill guy on youtube certainly lives up to his name - I got 8+ minutes into that video before he even started getting down to the nuts and bolts of what I thought the video was meant to be about. Dude - get to the point already. 😵

Edited by verbal
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

i9-13900K | 6400MHz DDR5 (32GB) | GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | ViewSonic 27in QHD VA 165Hz Curved | Windows 10 |

MSFS Premium Deluxe | PMDG 737-700/800 | PMDG 777-300ER | Horizon 787-9

There seems to be an issue with MSFS at the moment (SU15 beta) where the centered eye position drifts; I have to keep re-centering it.  (Press F12 twice - Tobii 5).  Not sure if it is happening with all eye trackers like the TrackIR also.

No major drama, but it never happened before.  I think the eye position is drifting up a little each time you come back from external view.

Rob (but call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind).

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Tried it yesterday. It is much better the other freeway solution. very smooth and sensitive. The range at which I can turn my head is better that TrackIR. But... the small latency makes me nauseous. Maybe that I would have to get used to it. But, if you don't have a Trackir, $30 is a no brainer as it is now. 

• Like 1

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, vincentrouleau said:

Tried it yesterday. It is much better the other freeway solution. very smooth and sensitive. The range at which I can turn my head is better that TrackIR. But... the small latency makes me nauseous. Maybe that I would have to get used to it. But, if you don't have a Trackir, $30 is a no brainer as it is now. 

They do say if you want 60FPS fluidity to go with a few specific cameras including the Logi 4K webcam...  I tried it with my 720 and it was a bit laggy so have the 4K cam coming today... 

Edited by psolk
  • Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Looks pretty good and something to finally replace my TrackIR. If anyone uses it on a large screen TV, lmk how it works. 

Eric