Sign in to follow this  
G-RFRY

Microsoft Gaming.

Not sure I like the idea of M$ buying Valve/Steam.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Another merger/buyout - why am I not surprised?

For decades now there has been a trend towards consolidation in the business world, where companies merge and become one larger company, or small-medium companies get gobbled up by bigger companies.  If you look into various brands you'll frequently find that they are merely a subsidiary of some monster corporation controlled by one board of directors and CEO.

These mega-corporations have immense power and control, and pretty much control our govt. in the USA.

So much for anti-trust enforcement.  It's the fox guarding the hen house.

Dave

• Like 2

Simulator: P3Dv6.1

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

My website for P3D stuff: https://sites.google.com/view/thep3dfiles/home

4 hours ago, stans said:

Not sure I like the idea of M$ buying Valve/Steam.

It's only a couple decades late. Valve originally pitched the idea to Microsoft as they thought it was something the OS should provide, but Microsoft didn't go for it (and has since spent the intervening years trying to catch up). At this point, however, I have little faith it would work out well for the end user. Likely end up with Microsoft's Copilot trying to recommend games to you every time you launch it.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, goates said:

Microsoft's Copilot trying to recommend games to you every time you launch it.

You're on short final in a gusty crosswind when the screen suddenly changes to a full screen advertisement video.  You can eliminate this behavior by paying a modest fee.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

19 hours ago, goates said:

It's only a couple decades late. Valve originally pitched the idea to Microsoft as they thought it was something the OS should provide, but Microsoft didn't go for it (and has since spent the intervening years trying to catch up). At this point, however, I have little faith it would work out well for the end user. Likely end up with Microsoft's Copilot trying to recommend games to you every time you launch it.

That and the possibility of completely discontinuing the availability of older sims like FSX: Steam Edition.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Since they already own Activision Blizzard, makes sense.  I see they are going to put Call of Duty on XBOX Game Pass.

scott s.