Sign in to follow this  
cianpars

City Update 7

European Cities 2

So far, I've only had time to explore Nice and Monaco but they both look great and the entire coastline from Nice to Menton is now rendered in glorious photogrammetry.

I have some freeware photogrammetry and a few freeware and payware airports along the southern French coast, making it a nice area to fly and have been able to delete the freeware I had for Nice and Monaco, both of which had served me well until now.

I still have Barcelona, Madrid and Porto to explore later today but I'm sure they will be lovely too.

I was wondering whether the update would include any airports, though from what I can tell there were none, although in the marketplace, if I clicked on the world map and filtered for free updates, not yet downloaded, Nice Airport popped up, though nothing happened when I clicked on it.

The quality of the more recent photogrammetry has been so much better than the initial stuff that was included and I am hopeful that London will be re-done properly one day.  Maybe also, one day we might have some content for South America.

What are your impressions of this update and are you enjoying the new content?

• Like 7

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Stockholm looks great and covers a pretty big area (including my house☺️).

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Looking forward to trying this out - I love flying into Nice for the curved approach tracking the bay/ Promenade d’anglais to 22R/L. I’ve already spent hours happily trying to perfect this with FS Panel, so I’m hoping that the photogrammetry makes it even better.

It can be dramatic to watch from the ground in real life: traffic at LFMN is usually A320/737 size but I looked up from my lunch once on a rooftop restaurant and saw an A380 driving straight at me then backing sharply away … seemed huge … must be great fun to be in the cockpit.

Edited by tfm
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sagoland said:

I thought it looked bad compared to the ESSB add-on, green roads with cars running under bridges, and Gröna Lund was not recreated when I tried it after disconnecting ESSB.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

2 hours ago, Sagoland said:

Haha. How did I manage to forget to mention Stockholm.  That's another one to explore later.  I also have a fair bit of addon stuff for Scandinavia that I've not used for a while.  MSFS updates always give me a great excuse to go and explore somewhere new or where I've not been for a few months.

Whilst I have saved the release notes for all the MSFS updates, it really is getting to the point that the photo scenery and airports should all be compiled to a spreadsheet or a map.  I think someone was doing that on a Google map, but not sure if he is still keeping it updated.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

21 minutes ago, cianpars said:

I think someone was doing that on a Google map, but not sure if he is still keeping it updated.

Do you mean this one?https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1KUg5jwyT_9k2A9n5IZ99UChlhfVUfO5S&ll=-3.81666561775622e-14%2C34.777393240969104&z=1

Not sure if it‘s still being updated.

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, cianpars said:

The quality of the more recent photogrammetry has been so much better than the initial stuff that was included

Absolutely. I recently did a video series on City Update 6 (Southwest Germany), and the PG looked very good, except for some bizarre floating objects in a few places. Can't wait to test Nice, Barcelona and Madrid! Just need to find a suitable aircraft 🙂

4 hours ago, tfm said:

Looking forward to trying this out - I love flying into Nice for the curved approach tracking the bay/ Promenade d’anglais to 22R/L.

One of my favorite challenging approaches. Did it recently in the A300-600RF which was not easy... Not sure how performance would be with PG, a complex airliner and AI traffic added into the mix, but I'll certainly test it. Probably in the Fenix as it's a bit more forgiving. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6400 32-38-38-30 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

🙂One of my favorite challenging approaches. Did it recently in the A300-600RF which was not easy... Not sure how performance would be with PG, a complex airliner and AI traffic added into the mix, but I'll certainly test it. Probably in the Fenix as it's a bit more forgiving. 

I use the Fenix : visual approach is fun obviously but it can also handle the new(ish) RNAV-Z approaches. These are the ones that actually fly the curve and roll out to be wings level at c680 ft 😬 

On VATSIM they let you fly the Zulu approach on request … but they like to punish you by giving late clearance or swapping runways or commanding go arounds. Because … French 🤷‍♂️

Edited by tfm
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I think I have a problem here:

City Update 1, Germany: 432 "B".

City Update 2, France: 2.35GB

City Update 3, Texas: 108.24MB

City Update 4, Western Europe: 1.96GB

City Update 5, European Cities 1: 41.37 KB

City Update 6, It doesn't appear listed.

City Update 7, It doesn't appear listed.

Everything appears up to date!

PS:

spacer.png

OK, but do you think the size of the packages is right?

PSS: It seems that everything is fine.

Edited by Juliett Alfa Romeo

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

33 minutes ago, Juliett Alfa Romeo said:

I think I have a problem here:

City Update 1, Germany: 432 "B".

City Update 2, France: 2.35GB

City Update 3, Texas: 108.24MB

City Update 4, Western Europe: 1.96GB

City Update 5, European Cities 1: 41.37 KB

City Update 6, It doesn't appear listed.

City Update 7, It doesn't appear listed.

Everything appears up to date!

Sounds like you didn't "purchase" them in the Marketplace. You need to "Buy" them, even though they're free.

Dan

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Shack95 said:

I hasn't been updated yet to the recent City Update VII

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Since the Monaco F1 Grand Prix was 3 days ago, I'm tempted to run the iniR24 in the circuit...if only I can set up my controls correctly.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON) Ryzen 7 5700X3D (with SMT off and CO -50 mV), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

2 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Since the Monaco F1 Grand Prix was 3 days ago, I'm tempted to run the iniR24 in the circuit...if only I can set up my controls correctly.

I think ASOBO and Addon firms like Dovetail, Codemaster etc., should do FS20/24 compatible Addons with real simulation of trains and their routes, ships and cars, one simulator in all. Ah! and submarines hahahah (like FSX-P3D).

1 minute ago, peloto said:

I think ASOBO and Addon firms like Dovetail, Codemaster etc., should do FS20/24 compatible Addons with real simulation of trains and their routes, ships and cars, one simulator in all. Ah! and submarines hahahah (like FSX-P3D).

This I wrote 3 years ago, is my assumption that's the business case of ASOBO MS. A Plattform for all things simulated in real world environment. 

They have the data and already the base for this. 

• Upvote 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

This I wrote 3 years ago, is my assumption that's the business case of ASOBO MS. A Plattform for all things simulated in real world environment. 

They have the data and already the base for this. 

Yes, me from years ago too, and trains firstly, it is a pity and no-no for my the no VR in Dovetail Trains Simulator, the short routes and bad-ancient graphics-surroundings "photogrammetry", and better sure than the Unreal Engine 4 that they use now.

Edited by peloto