Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

The Blue Angels

I love the Red Arrows, displaying in my neck of the woods next week, but The Blue Angels are surely the ultimate.

18 inches apart at 400 knots.

Great documentary, nicely filmed, on Prime, if anyone fancies a watch.

A Blue Angels watch?  Oh, heck yeah!

CB0147-59L.jpg

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I was lucky and got to see the Blue Angels perform at NAS Pensacola back in 2018.  Pretty cool.

I'd like to see the Red Arrows.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv6.1

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

My website for P3D stuff: https://sites.google.com/view/thep3dfiles/home

I have also seen both the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds perform.  Unlike the Thunderbirds the Blue Angels don't wear g-suits. They have to rest their wrists on their thighs because the FA-18 still has a center stick as opposed to the f-16's side stick.  They must train to perform high-G maneuvers while in close formations without g-suits.

Noel.

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

22 hours ago, charliearon said:

A Blue Angels watch?

How long does it take to train a person to understand and use all the functions of such a watch?

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, dave2013 said:

I'd like to see the Red Arrows

They put on a great show. In our airshow they arrive in formation, smoke on, low level, right over the town. Quite thrilling. Then they perform over the sea.

I'm not sure how the two teams differ to be honest. I guess the Blue Angels are all about speed and insanely close formations. Whereas Red Arrows are more technical. 

I believe the Blue Angels only perform in the US. The Red Arrows perform all over the world. Hence why our airshow was brought forward to June, as the Reds are touring the US during Battle of Britain week when our display usually takes place.

The Reds are great to watch but it's the fast jets that I prefer. Sadly the Typhoon display aircraft hasn't been here for the past couple of years. It will be the Reds, a Huricane or two, Spitfire, a Pits special with an additional jet engine, Team Raven and a few others.

Edited by martin-w