Sign in to follow this  
jfri

How does Flysimware C414AW compare to the steam gauge overha

I haven't got any Dukes. Too expensive... spacer.png

I'm still waiting for the BF109 to go on sale spacer.png

But finally nabbed the C414 spacer.png

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

On 6/18/2024 at 1:31 AM, s0cks said:

I think you'll like the plane once you get the hang of her. I was kinda the same when I got it. Manual and checklist seemed lacking, but I slowly fell in love with the plane regardless. Very nice to fly.

I can't help but feel that this plane is overhyped. Not what I would suspect from a study level plane. If I knew what I know now I think I would have passed on it and instead get the black square piston duke

On 6/23/2024 at 3:25 AM, jfri said:

I can't help but feel that this plane is overhyped. Not what I would suspect from a study level plane. If I knew what I know now I think I would have passed on it and instead get the black square piston duke

It's quite old now, there are a LOT of videos on it, so you should have known what you were getting into tbh. I have a few BSq planes and I actually prefer the C414. That said, everyone has different expectations and desires. I don't care too much about failures for example, and I really like planes that feel good to hand fly. I think the C414 for 50% off was a great purchase personally.

14 minutes ago, s0cks said:

It's quite old now, there are a LOT of videos on it, so you should have known what you were getting into tbh. I have a few BSq planes and I actually prefer the C414. That said, everyone has different expectations and desires. I don't care too much about failures for example, and I really like planes that feel good to hand fly. I think the C414 for 50% off was a great purchase personally.

I agree totally! I much prefer the 414 over the BS TBM 850 due to the flight model. BS makes great aircraft with systems fidelity, but when you hand-fly the 850, if you look down for more than a few seconds, the plane dips almost immediately and will rotate on the central axis. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2024 at 4:25 PM, jfri said:

Funny, I've recently seen the same thing said of the Duke.

I wouldn't agree either were, both are absolutely superb. Perfect? No. But what is.. .. ..

G

• Upvote 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Gulf76 said:

I agree totally! I much prefer the 414 over the BS TBM 850 due to the flight model. BS makes great aircraft with systems fidelity, but when you hand-fly the 850, if you look down for more than a few seconds, the plane dips almost immediately and will rotate on the central axis. 

I just made a flight with the C414. My experience was that if you let go of the control the plane will soon start to drift in pitch and roll. I did not find it easier to handfly than other planes.

Did you trim the plane.

I have over 50 hours of flight time in the 414 and I have not found it roll or pitch excessively.

Ron

MSFS -A2A Comanche250 -Cessna 310 -Cessna 414 - Black Square Duke
Black Square TBM 850 - 146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-800

Yeah, plane flies wonderfully for me. Trims nicely - well... as nicely as a non-A2A aircraft can 🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

Did you trim the plane.

I have over 50 hours of flight time in the 414 and I have not found it roll or pitch excessively.

Yes I tried to trim the plane and it was difficult