They finally added the most important feature of them all, you can now open the cockpit windows😉

• Like 1

Do you think the interior will work with GSX 3.0 and fill up with PAX ?

Mark   CYYZ      

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Do you think the interior will work with GSX 3.0 and fill up with PAX ?

Only if FSDT updates to support it.

But it was mentioned in the GSX 3.0 thread that they need to find a way to detect the different cabin layouts that PMDG uses for different liveries.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

From the announce trailer looks like they're including weather radar (at least the default one): https://youtu.be/9Ae2mE3-rUw?t=124 

Edited by lwt1971

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, outermarker said:

They finally added the most important feature of them all, you can now open the cockpit windows😉

pretty janky animation on that.... 😳

The PMDG 737 doesn't really pause the sim at the Top of Descend.
Will this issue be fixed  on the 777? Or has the 777 the same "Pause at ToD" logic as the 737?

20 minutes ago, Konterhalbe said:

The PMDG 737 doesn't really pause the sim at the Top of Descend.
Will this issue be fixed  on the 777? Or has the 777 the same "Pause at ToD" logic as the 737?

It won't work like it did with FSX / P3D because of live weather. The sim is never really paused. For example, if you hit the escape button during flight, it'll pause your flight but when you come back, you can see the sun and weather is in different position. 

I'll never for the life of me understand why they somehow chose the weird pause system over a standard pause system.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Posted (edited)

I wonder what door will be the door jetways use, because a lot of airports are made with 1L in mind for aircraft, and so the jetway is too short to reach the L2.

You can see this when using the Headwind A330, as they have L2 as the main door.

Edited by Tuskin38

Posted (edited)

Showcase #2 on UFT: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/microsoft-flight-simulator-2020-2024-products-discussion/pmdg-777/general-discussion-aa/301986-pmdg-777-showcase-2-the-universal-flight-tablet

Copy of the text without images:

Today, we'll examine the updated Universal Flight Tablet. This version includes many of the comments voiced after it was released for the 737 Missing from these image is the page that links to the manuals. Will add that later.

First, and one of the most requested options, you can place the tablet in three (or rather four) locations. The location with the ghost hand (of course, we call it "Thing") was added after pilots commented that they often take the tablet out of its mount and hold it close to the CDU to enter or check data. The fourth location is the tray underneath the tiller, where you can store it when you do not want it in your cockpit.

The map now shows the complete route with waypoints and is color-coded for each stage of the flight. So, even if you do not have a Navigraph Charts account, you can get good information on your flight progress:

It even is able to shows the vertical profile:

One of the new pages is the Ground Connections page:

Aircraft need a LOT of vehicles to get ready for the next flight. This page let's you handle them:

Here is how it looks from the outside:

Next are doors. Don't forget to have the cabin crew arm and disarm the doors (I'll show that later).

The 777 comes with our Automated Ground Ops turn around system. Here you see it in action. It will help you make sure you are ready in time for your departure.

Using the Ground Maintenance module you can service some of the systems on the aircraft.

The Performance module did not change much, but if you have not seen it, here it is shown calculating the landing:

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Will the 777 initialize w/o its yoke turned 90 degrees left?  Until they fix the 737 in this regard me no buy the 777!  It's been weeks now, and no patch.  NO other planes do this.  Moreover, somehow  freeware FBW320nx manages to allow one to use the keyboard to input text but no go w/ PMDG 738.  And with their tablet will they remember to add a simple on/off switch?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

No GSX integration? That's a shame.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 1x 2tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial 4tb Nvme M2 Drive

4 minutes ago, Car147 said:

No GSX integration? That's a shame.

I thought RSR said it was coming, but maybe not at release.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

So glad they're moving all the doors and equipment to the EFB

• Like 1