12 minutes ago, JRBarrett said:

None of us have heard the sounds on our own PCs - we only have YT and Twitch streams to go by.

I’ll reserve judgement until I have the product installed and hear it on my own system.

I will definitely try for myself as well, and I sure as hell hope we're in for a pleasant surprise. 

1 minute ago, micstatic said:

according to the boris discord, he claimed that somebody good  (not him) is already working on a sound package to replace the 777 stock sounds. 

Any guesses? FTSim comes to mind, but would he be considered good by general standards? 

Just now, thepilot said:

Any guesses? FTSim comes to mind, but would he be considered good by general standards? 

I don't think it's FTSim.  My guess would be TSS

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

7 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I don't think it's FTSim.  My guess would be TSS

Turbine Sound Studios? I bought a few of their soundpacks back in the day (for FS9). I had no idea they were in the market for MSFS. 

Posted (edited)

I bought some Immersive audio sounds for the 737 in P3D, that were pretty good.

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

kAK1h0.jpg

0JetG5.jpg

Taver's WIP paint...

Dgz4IV.jpg

• Like 6

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

29 minutes ago, thepilot said:

Turbine Sound Studios? I bought a few of their soundpacks back in the day (for FS9). I had no idea they were in the market for MSFS. 

It's just a guess based on the chatter I read there.  The general vibe was that FTsim is not on same tier as whoever the dev is that is doing this package. 

• Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

44 minutes ago, micstatic said:

according to the boris discord, he claimed that somebody good  (not him) is already working on a sound package to replace the 777 stock sounds. 

Very interesting. By chance can you post the link to his Discord, I’d like to join it. Thank you

• Upvote 1

Eric 

27 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Very interesting. By chance can you post the link to his Discord, I’d like to join it. Thank you

Txykjbfthttps://discord.gg/Txykjbft

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, thepilot said:

i would if i was them, youd make a killing on this 777 with all the hype and drama about

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

Some sound guru is missing a golden opportunity to simultaneously release a top notch sound set for the 777-300ER this week. As bad as the sounds we are hearing on the streams are (coupled with Mathijs’s admission on one of the streams that the sound set is recycled from P3D) people would happily pay $5 or $10 bucks for a Boris Audio Works level sound set. I think the guy that does them for pmdg must be deaf or something because they sound awful. It’s amazing after 4 years the best pmdg can do is recycle their P3D sounds which were bad then. 

If the sounds they used in P3D were from recordings taken from a real life 777 cockpit, why should they be expected to re-record new sounds just for MSFS?  The airplane hasn't changed in that timeframe.  Seems like a really random thing to get worked up about.  You can still use the same recordings and just make sure they are configured for the MSFS sound engine.  To me running a business re-recording sounds from an actual 777 again would be a huge waste of money if you still have the original recordings.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Nick Running

2 hours ago, micstatic said:

We're talking about PMDG. Let's not let PMDG get away with releasing a 777 on the next gen and immediately needing 3rd party sounds. It's not like one can't find a 777 anymore to record new sounds either...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sonosusto said:

I feel like Avsim either has borderline panic in the streets about a PMDG release or pure hatred and an-everything-is-the-worst mentality.

Loved their products for years but can't wait for this giant to be released.

Love doing long hauls. Set up, take off, cruise, go do woodworking etc for a few hours, then come back and land. haha

Yep, their 737 has been pretty much the only plane I ever fly in MSFS.  I love it so much I am now doing my ATPL exams with a view to a 737 type rating.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

kAK1h0.jpg

0JetG5.jpg

Taver's WIP paint...

Dgz4IV.jpg

Steve these renditions are fantastic, bravo!

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz