25 minutes ago, threexgreen said:

The so called expert flies the 787 in his day job and given how much he explains about flying aircraft, there's no way he's doing it just for clicks. It doesn't sound like you ever watched any of his videos. I don't even really watch streamers, but one or two videos are enough to realize he's not the clickbait type.

Are you claiming on Avsim, that a Pilot who flies an airliner for a living knows more about that aircraft  than the "experts" on this forum?😏

• Like 7

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

One thing is for sure for each PMDG release:

the forums are unbearable. Some of you should get a life. Seriously. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Are you claiming on Avsim, that a Pilot who flies an airliner for a living knows more about that aircraft  than the "experts" on this forum?😏

Avsim in a nutshell 

Edited by MySound
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

That was actually not what the discussion was about. It was about whether he streams because of money/fame or because he wants to share his passion/knowdledge with others.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MySound said:

One thing is for sure for each PMDG release:

the forums are unbearable. Some of you should get a life. Seriously. 

All the palace intrigue and the various levels of triggerings that happen in certain quarters around here are both fascinating and funny all at the same time. I mean, to let a 3rd party developer personality impact you this much is... interesting. There are also folks who get gleeful about anything negative that happens to PMDG due to their fixation on RSR and/or Mathijs. A curious phenomenon indeed.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

V1 and Blackbox are both examples of very good streamers. In my opinion they obviously  have a passion for aviation and flight sim. I hope they both profit from their streaming. If they do make a good amount of money from streaming…then good for them. 

Edited by SetSpeed
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, EGLD said:

the most amazing thing about that exchange is Blackbox's name is Oliver

for some reason that really surprised me

Personally I think RSR shouldn't have used Blackbox711 real name, I've met BB a few times IRL and always avoided using his Christian name online for privacy reasons. 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

On 6/17/2024 at 7:18 AM, Amon1973 said:

Anyone fancy guessing the price?

I'll go for £60.

Either $59.99 and people complain it's too cheap or $79.99 and people complain its too expensive. The download servers will die, regardless!

Having a 777 cost the same as a 737 would be unrealistic and break the feeling of immersion. A 777 costs 3 to 3.5 times as much as a 737.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, rjquick said:

Having a 777 cost the same as a 737 would be unrealistic and break the feeling of immersion. A 777 costs 3 to 3.5 times as much as a 737.

So then the Commanche of A2A for example should cost about 50 cents following that logic.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

8 hours ago, rjack1282 said:

Just a few minutes ago from Blackbox711 stream chat:

SVNSjXr.png

Wow this is the Robert I need in my life. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beagle12 said:

Try $139.99  

No way they will charge that in the MSFS market. Chop that in half and add a few bucks.

I'm calling $75-$79.99 with a minimum of $69.99 and max of $79.99

Edited by JBDB-MD80