1 hour ago, longhaul747 said:

Pretty sweet.....took it up for a quick circuit around the Bay Area and decided to give the fuel jettison a shot to see if it works?  It sure does and if you go to external view you actually get the fuel dumping out of the wings.  Its a pretty slow process but it is in real life as well.  I would guess it would take 30 minutes plus to dump 150K pounds of fuel.  

I think only a few other planes in the history of flight simulator have actually had the fuel dump actually work.  I think FSX had it as an option as a key command for some aircraft but it never showed it visually and the dump rate was extremely fast! 

Toliss A340 also visually depicts fuel jettison. 

4 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Is anyone experiencing any cabin lights flickering issues? Started on final to FSDT's ORD and continued until I parked and shut down. Arrival around 9:25pm local. 

Yes I did get some flickering but only when I panned to the right side of the cockpit, just completed my first flight from AKL to SYD, oh boy this bird is amazing. 

I plan on doing a 10+ hour long haul this weekend, probably Emirates from Dubai back home to Brisbane. Just have a few small issues to sort with GSX and it'll be sweet. Very happy.

• Like 1

i9-13900K | 6400MHz DDR5 (32GB) | GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | ViewSonic 27in QHD VA 165Hz Curved | Windows 10 |

MSFS Premium Deluxe | PMDG 737-700/800 | PMDG 777-300ER | Horizon 787-9

I’ve never flown a payware 777 before, but I didn’t find it hard to go from the Asobo 747/787 to this.

Edited by Tuskin38

12 hours ago, verbal said:

Yes I did get some flickering but only when I panned to the right side of the cockpit

Yep, same here but my flickering is so bad I feel like I'm inside of a techno club in Berlin.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Question for those who use the PMDG model for VATSIM traffic, do you see a performance drop? I have all the FSLTL planes setup for model matching but curious if there's any real benefit in using the now release PMDG model vs the FSLTL ones, and if there is a penalty for doing so? I'm used to the FS9/FSX days where you have to be careful on using the actual PMDG model for other online traffic... I know I could test this myself but it'll be a little bit until I get the free time to do so!

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

Freight Pilot

1 hour ago, Snuffleupagus said:

I'm used to the FS9/FSX days where you have to be careful

which was 1/4 century ago. my fps and hardware perfomance has increased 10 times since then. I am not "careful" anymore using an actual model for online traffic.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

1 hour ago, Snuffleupagus said:

Question for those who use the PMDG model for VATSIM traffic, do you see a performance drop? I have all the FSLTL planes setup for model matching but curious if there's any real benefit in using the now release PMDG model vs the FSLTL ones, and if there is a penalty for doing so? I'm used to the FS9/FSX days where you have to be careful on using the actual PMDG model for other online traffic... I know I could test this myself but it'll be a little bit until I get the free time to do so!

I'm not doing it, but there's generally a huge performance penalty for using full user aircraft as Vatsim models. You're basically asking MSFS to run multiple PMDG 777 simulations (or at least the visual part) at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have just noticed that the front page of the PMDG website cycles through five aircraft (777-300ER/737-900/737-800/737-700/DC6). What about the 737-600?? :huh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 6/17/2024 at 4:12 AM, JBDB-MD80 said:

I see all of responses to me and all I can say is I wish MS would Omit time compression from the Game/Sim and I have no more to say but waiting for this product to release. That's all folks.

So don't use it. Problem solved.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mikethe6th said:

FSiPanel is being updated to support the 777 at some point this afternoon zulu. 

Great, ill need to get my landing skills wth a heavy back up to date.

So couple of days in - a mini review if anyone shares my thoughts.

Stand outs:

- Good FPS for me, but I do have beefy hardware (4080 Super/7800X3D)

- Sounds are ok, exactly the same as they were in FSX/P3D but I don't have a big issue. Fenix for me does this better these days though.

- Taxis really nicely, feels big and holds the speed. Less twitchy than other payware jets.

- No issue with the texturing, looks nice on my 4K monitor.

- Rudder feels a little twitchy on the takeoff roll, but way better than the iniBuilds A300.

- Nice to hand fly, goes where you put it.

- Time Compression is a cool game changer, really opens up many more options than the 60 minute hops I usually have time for, especially as this bird doesn't do that much short haul.

- A/T is a little dozy, just as it was it in FSX/P3D, where the speed will get behind the curve and it adds loads of power to catch up (maybe the real one does that too)

- Cabin modelling is decent, if not quite up to Fenix standards.

- Biggest two gripes are 1) the lackluster EFB which is reminiscent of the CRJ from 4 years ago, the lack of details such as being able to hide it easily, or put it to sleep, or even put it into flight mode. Fenix, ini and even FBW kick this one into the dirt in terms of looks and functionality.

- Gripe 2 is the headache on the ground with loading it. You can either go old school and load instantly the payload and fuel, which is kinda dull in 2024. Secondly, you can select the PMDG auto ground ops and sit there for 55 minutes minimum while the services come and go, but without any real immersion (yes I know loading a real 777 takes a long time but 55 minutes at the gate is a loooong wait - prepping the FD can be done in 10 minutes). Lastly you can use GSX and spend the whole turnaround being nagged to open and close doors, which weirdly arm and disarm themselves (WTH is all that about?) in a way that will distract you from actually prepping the flight. Fenix's seamless integration of GSX, along with user editable cabin announcements is the gold standard. Please do better, PMDG. No one has time for all this 'waiting for your action' nonsense. 

So in summary, it's a solid effort and I love flying it. It's a typical PMDG release that has no nasty surprises in store. BUT, there's zero innovation here and I feel at times I'm flying the P3D 777 with MSFS lipstick. I don't regret buying it and would again, but the fact I'm even typing these words suggest trouble ahead if a Fenix-type operation takes the Boeing world on.

Edited by bennyboy75
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, bennyboy75 said:

the lack of details such as being able to hide it easily

You can visually put it away by clicking onto the area below the default tablet position.

Did my first flight yesterday, LIMC/EDDF, took a while to start understanding the plane/fmc, cause I was used to airbus. But managed it safe to the gruond.

Trying now to set up fmc for same route, but when i try to insert  V1/V2/VR in Takeoff Ref page (afeter having set plan, weight, flaps and so on), i get the message "invaild entry". Speeds calculated using EFB. What may I be doing wrong?