Any theories when the MAX will drop?

Its rumored to be 99% complete and PMDG has said themselves it will drop during the 777 release cycle.  I am guessing August - September time frame. 

• Like 1

I am one of those wierdos that will do the full several hour flight without time compression.

Wait, hold on.....I don't see any PMDG bashing? Something is wrong here.

I can't wait for release June 25 or 30th!

• Like 4

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Greazer said:

RE: FF 777 -> Those sim graphics (clouds, anti aliasing etc) are looking really bad. It's not even an option. Worse than previous version (11).

What does all that with the other sim have to do with the aircraft itself after you just went down the line of all the thing you find wrong with PMDG 737?

Edited by BobFS88
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sonosusto said:

I am one of those wierdos that will do the full several hour flight without time compression.

Wait, hold on.....I don't see any PMDG bashing? Something is wrong here.

I can't wait for release June 25 or 30th!

I would also be part of that group no time compression here. I've done longer than 7 hours! 

• Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

12 minutes ago, BobFS88 said:

What does all that with the other sim have to do with the aircraft itself after you just went down the line of all the thing you find wrong with PMDG 737?

The "other sim people" just looking for any opening at all to start bashing. 

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

Just now, Zangoose said:

I would also be part of that group no time compression here. I've done longer than 7 hours! 

I gave up doing long haul flights years ago and started a new hobby, " Watching paint dry"  😏

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

The manual will be available before release: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/300728-16jun24-pmdg-777-300er-has-a-release-date-on-the-calendar?p=301098#post301098

Re: the Boeing electronic checklist and PMDG getting that in, they also say that Boeing licenses some files from PMDG? Wonder what that's about: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/300728-16jun24-pmdg-777-300er-has-a-release-date-on-the-calendar?p=301101#post301101
Poster: It may not be a formal FCOM or QRH, but it’s really nice to see this included. I know companies are really protective of their IP and documentation, so I’m very glad PMDG was able to get Boeing to allow them to include this level of detail in the system.
Mathijs: Indeed, but we are fully licensed by Boeing, and these days, Boeing even licenses files from us!

• Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

So RSR mentioned that their fuel burns are within .03% of real world using Simbrief OFP. I wonder if they used the default 77W profile or if they have a personalized one that will be uploaded to Simbrief…..

Eric 

17 hours ago, Amon1973 said:

Anyone fancy guessing the price?

I'll go for £60.

That would be a good price, but I see their P3D 777 is selling at $140, that's super expensive imo

53 minutes ago, longhaul747 said:

Its rumored to be 99% complete and PMDG has said themselves it will drop during the 777 release cycle.  I am guessing August - September time frame. 

Let me start the rumor train!!

I think it will drop on 11/19/24 as part of a Deluxe Version to MS2024 finally bringing back the default 737 to the Microsoft Franchise. This will most likely be within the release cycle of the 777 Family and will show just how close PMDG and MSFS have been working together and why the MAX has been so hush hush. 

Just my $.02

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

1 hour ago, longhaul747 said:

If you ask me, unless there is news of iFly releasing their 737 Max for MSFS soon, there is no pressure on PMDG.  If we hear news of iFly entering beta testing with their 737 Max, then there will be pressure on PMDG to release the 737 Max.  As far as I know, I have not heard any news of iFly entering beta testing with their 737 Max.

You could be right though, it could release in late summer or fall. In my opinion and in my best educated guess, I would just say that the PMDG 737 Max is very, very likely to release before the iFly 737 Max.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

51 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I gave up doing long haul flights years ago and started a new hobby, " Watching paint dry"  😏

I don't do VATSIM, so I just go watch TV and check in every 30 minutes to an hour and make sure I'm still in the air.

Sometimes I'll even set up a flight right before I go to bed and just set my alarm to before the estimated T/D

Posted (edited)

For once ill be glad to be working on the release date, the day before and 2 days after, im sure the vatsim servers and no doubt the ms2020 servers will buckle on tuesday / weds / thurs,  not to mention on the saturday afternoon.  Ill take the OT, but I sure do miss working from home 😞 

Im guessing we shall be busy over at edi-gla with people requesting 777 stuff.

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I may pass on this PMDG aircraft I usually do flights that at are most about 1 3/4 hours . Not a typical route for a 777. 

5 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Didn't know that, haven't done a long haul for 20 years. No real interest in it since FS9.

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I think we get it Bob. You don't do or like long hauls. 😅 I'm sure I missed a 4th remark somewhere in the 7 pages. 😉

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 13
  • Upvote 3

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro