1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

The "other sim people" just looking for any opening at all to start bashing. 

It was not a bash or a opening to one, it was a legitimate question. "What does a has to do with b."

Since he made the statements appears be attempting to make that opening the way other way around.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

I believe the current version of the FF 777 doesn't have VNAV support yet. But my understanding is, it will have VNAV when it's officially released.  My understanding is that the PMDG 777 for MSFS will have VNAV support on its release.

Oh I'm sure the PMDG will have VNAV!

The reason for RSR mentioning lateral guidance specifically was not to imply an absence of VNAV. It was simply because there is a looong history of PMDG promising to implement proper ARINC-compliant LNAV (proper DME arcs etc) instead of their half-a r s e d  version - and it sounds like they have finally managed to get their act together on this 🤞

Edited by tfm
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sonosusto said:

I am one of those wierdos that will do the full several hour flight without time compression.

Wait, hold on.....I don't see any PMDG bashing? Something is wrong here.

I can't wait for release June 25 or 30th!

I do that too, though during the waking hours I do short hops and position to a long haul airport, then while I sleep conduct the long range routes. 

39 minutes ago, tfm said:

Oh I'm sure the PMDG will have VNAV!

I’m pretty sure you’re missing the sarcasm.

So happy that the B777-300ER will be released first.
Since I'd be only interested in the B777-200ER, which is flown by Austrian Airlines, this really helps me to not buy the 777 at all and save my money for the Bluebird 757 😂

I think they know the 200 will be more popular and so are getting the 300 out the door first to try and rope in people (like me) who wouldn't have bought the 300 if the 200 came out first

I feel a bit dirty and might try and hold off, but a proper long-hauler is quite tempting

13 hours ago, Wise87 said:

I don’t plan on using the feature myself as I always do my flights in real time. Others were interested so I provided the information. What maybe a waste of time to you is important to someone else. You operate your sim the way you want and others will operate their sim as they see fit.

Well said. Amazing how some of these same old users on here, just don’t understand this.

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

I mean.....once you remind yourself you're playing a computer game, and therefore a large percentage of the player base for that game are children, a lot of flightsim forum/stream interactions start to make sense

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Konterhalbe said:

So happy that the B777-300ER will be released first.
Since I'd be only interested in the B777-200ER, which is flown by Austrian Airlines, this really helps me to not buy the 777 at all and save my money for the Bluebird 757 😂

That Bluebird sounds like something I would be interested in. I have some hours in a 767-400 ER at an Airline Training Center, and I flew one years ago in P3D, the Level D 767. 

• Like 2

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

That Bluebird sounds like something I would be interested in. I have some hours in a 767-400 ER at an Airline Training Center, and I flew one years ago in P3D, the Level D 767. 

Man I miss the Level-D 767... great memories

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Level D 767! I flew it all the time in FSX (I think). Great addon! 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6400 32-38-38-30 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

1 hour ago, EGLD said:

I think they know the 200 will be more popular and so are getting the 300 out the door first to try and rope in people (like me) who wouldn't have bought the 300 if the 200 came out first

They did the same thing with the 737. They knew everyone wanted the 737-800 but released the least popular version (700/600) first. 

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

6 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

They did the same thing with the 737. They knew everyone wanted the 737-800 but released the least popular version (700/600) first. 

Which I purchased and hardly ever fly.

• Like 1

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

27 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Ever since FS9 I only ever flew the -800 & occasionally the -900, never owned the others. Now in MSFS, I only own the -700 because of the way they did the release. Couldn’t wait for a good airliner, the -700 seemed interesting enough, and now I’m happy with it and don’t see a real reason to spend more on the -800. With the 777, I’m happy they are doing the -300 first since that’s really the main variant that interests me and it’s the most popular variant!

• Like 1

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

Freight Pilot

5 hours ago, fgiraudo said:

That would be a good price, but I see their P3D 777 is selling at $140, that's super expensive imo

You should see how much their 747-8i sells for 😉

(I still don't regret it 🙂 )