Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

Still waiting for the TFDI MD11 for public release

Posted (edited)

So yes, the waiting takes a long time now, hope she drops out anytime soon..

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Soon!!!! , seems to be the tenor of their communications.  This from their Developer Discord as of 1 Jun 24: 

"Hi everyone,

We've been hard at work this last week! We've put out 4 updates to the Collector's Edition and a fifth just went out to Quality Assurance now. We still have a number of high priority items to resolve, but the list is shrinking quickly (and the severity of the items still on it is lower).

The changes can be seen here: https://docs.invernyx.com/en/md11/changelog

We're rapidly approaching a version of the aircraft we feel belongs in everyone's hands. Although I won't comment on the exact timeline, we're expecting release to the public to be within 30 days."

They are now at FS Expo so I would expect maybe they will make an announcement there? 

Cheers

Terry

• Upvote 1

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

Posted (edited)

No need to release at this current point when PMDG is about to drop their 777 in a week or less (Jun 25th or Jun30th 2024). They should wait (well not my business but my opinion) until late July or August when the 777 train runs down a bit as many folks money may dry up a little after the FB KSFO and PMDG 777 releases and need to recover some funds.

Edited by JBDB-MD80
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

No need to release at this current point when PMDG is about to drop their 777 in a week or less (Jun 25th or Jun30th 2024). They should wait (well not my business but my opinion) until July or August when the 777 train runs down a bit as many folks money may dry up a little after the FB KSFO and PMDG 777 releases and need to recover some funds.

I hope they don’t wait. I’m far more excited about the MD11 than buying the 777 for the third time. 

• Like 4

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, alepro21 said:

I hope they don’t wait. I’m far more excited about the MD11 than buying the 777 for the third time. 

Lets be honest its PMDG and the 777, I hear you and love the MD-11 but many folks are not going to spend money on the (to be soon) most expensive aircraft on a TFDi MD-11  in MSFS rather than a most popular (other than the B789) Heavy in the world today. I (as in me wanting) don't sell products during a current release stage competing with the likes of PMDG. Let them polish it a little more and let PMDG take the glory for a little bit in Heavy Metal as the TDFi hype will not win this battle.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

1 hour ago, alepro21 said:

Yes indeed. A number of us are probably going to get the T7 freighter anyway but that could be several months away. So, it would be serendipity if the MD-11 dropped anytime .......about now!   

• Like 2

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

1 hour ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

No need to release at this current point when PMDG is about to drop their 777 in a week or less (Jun 25th or Jun30th 2024). They should wait (well not my business but my opinion) until late July or August when the 777 train runs down a bit as many folks money may dry up a little after the FB KSFO and PMDG 777 releases and need to recover some funds.

For me , the faster the better, what boders me a PMDG 777 😁 - i am more a MD11 fan as a 777 one..

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Seeing as PMDG made a conscious decision to drop the most important accessibility feature for people with eyesight and finger muscle problems like me this trijet will likely be a must buy for me now. I've been happily right AND left clicking buttons for a DECADE with all of their planes (purchased BECAUSE of that feature).

I even ironically installed FSX JUST to fly the PMDG version but sadly I can't get the sim stable enough for a flight on my new pc.

I'm wondering if I should cheekily ask TFDI if THEY could implement a right clicking option for those of us who can NOT click the tiny up/down/left/right pixel spots?

Anyway...time to get the big ol' FCOM and POH manuals out again and get reading!

Here is a fantastic tutorial of cockpit prep for The Diva in what must be the best MD-11 simulator in the world:

MD-11 Cockpit Setup

• Like 1

Russell Gough

SE London

spacer.png

Posted (edited)

I guess the "up/down" arrow controls in the MSFS version of the PMDG 737 are an ASOBO thing, but I definitely preferred the P3D method of using the left and right mouse buttons. Sometimes I end up retracting the flaps one notch rather than extending them!!

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Seeing as PMDG made a conscious decision to drop the most important accessibility feature for people with eyesight and finger muscle problems

What accessibility feature was dropped?

Mark   CYYZ      

15 minutes ago, MarkW said:

What accessibility feature was dropped?

The fantastic (to me and others) option to use left and right click for LEFT/RIGHT & DOWN/UP for mouse button behaviour. All their planes have used it for over a decade and the 737 came with a separate info sheet and xml files to add this preference to MSFS instead of unusable (for me) tiny little Asobe arrows.

Russell Gough

SE London

spacer.png

38 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

The fantastic (to me and others) option to use left and right click for LEFT/RIGHT & DOWN/UP for mouse button behaviour. All their planes have used it for over a decade and the 737 came with a separate info sheet and xml files to add this preference to MSFS instead of unusable (for me) tiny little Asobe arrows.

Maybe it is because XBox compatibility ? - also not a fan of ASOBO arrows

• Like 1

Artur 

I had no idea this was dropped and just got used to the 737 as released.  Seems like the XML files would be an easy to add to this aircraft.

• Like 1

Mark   CYYZ      

5 hours ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

No thanks. Some of us paid for the TDFI MD11 last year, and we don't want to wait until August because you spent your budget on the 777.

• Like 3

Pete Richards

I've owned every version of flight simulator since 1987. 

Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5-6000.

I hope at least, this would be better than the 2008 ¡2008! (16 years) PMDG version in systems.... They could release a stable "light Professional" version similar to the PMDG meanwhile, but after some many time, I have my doubts even in that with TFDi.