HiFlyer

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 Development Update - Live

1 hour ago, KERNEL32 said:

That is kind of my point, they changed up the background of scientific research, removed that supercell and tornado and now put in some blimp. Obviously what they had planned for supercells was either scrapped or must not have worked out. This is even more evident in how they answered (or rather avoided) that weather/supercell question in the Q&A after the presentation.

I agree, the dropped scientific research (in the trailer at least) and lack of any real weather improvement info today was a small disappointment.

OTOH, cirrus confirmed as a separate cloud type, diverse biomes and, at last, AI structured autogen and, yes!, crops! (Hopefully olive trees are in their library, as a lot of Mediterranean countries are gonna look amazing), ray tracing, expanded WeloveVFR / Orbx object coverage as standard, new ships, water, atmosphere lighting / cloud colouring, and charts / flight planning in sim, absolutely chuffed to bits. 

Started watching expecting to be slightly disappointed after a trailer I thought was lackluster, finished actually clapping along at several points, and on a big high.

2024 looks like it’s gonna be simply amazing. Only question left for me (other than weather model changes, if any) is performance, which, if it’s running like that on Xbox, should also be encouraging.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

A lot of folks here complaining that they aren't fixing the weather, or that the clouds still don't look right and this and that. This is literally only the 2nd time they've given any kind of presentation on the upcoming platform and there are still many months before this thing is even released. This is still a work in progress but if you would've shown me these previews 6 years ago, I would've laughed in your face and told you it was impossible. Think about how far flight simulation has come since MSFS come back. Heck, it's even made the awesome guys at X-Plane light a candle under their word not allowed and look at how many advancements that platform has seen in the last 4-5 years. Competition is finally back and in the best way possible. The things I saw today from the the Expo made my mouth hit the floor. We're all in for hours and hours of enjoyable and innovative flight simming experiences and I know that the things we all want, like updated live weather will eventually find their way. 

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

Did they say whos doing the MAX? Is it PMDG? They just announced a MAX 8 in MSFS

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

The QA was embarrassing and disrespectful. Especially that weather guy should get a house ban.

i personally would be interested in trains and multicrew

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Lukas Dalton

I did see a mention about adding cirrus clouds - that's a big plus for me.

And the Primus 2 helllloooooo

Would love to see a new Falcon bizjet sometime.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Im confused about the MAX8. Did they mean THEY developed it or they're working with another dev that did (maybe PMDG)? 

They seem to have a lot of tight releationships witth payware devs. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Posted (edited)

Am I the only one who noticed how Seb was beaming with pride when the Max was announced? He looked like he was on the brink of tears lol.

Edited by Krakin
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 minute ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Im confused about the MAX8. Did they mean THEY developed it or they're working with another dev that did (maybe PMDG)? 

They seem to have a lot of tight releationships witth payware devs. 

The MAX8 is from ASOBO themselves.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

1 minute ago, ca_metal said:

The MAX8 is from ASOBO themselves.

really? hmm well hopefully that will make PMDG work a little faster HAHAH

Ron Hamilton

I loved flying the 738 in FSX so it'll be a nice change from the A320.

• Upvote 1

Is it just me or does anybody else find it hilarious that PMDG is consistently never included as a partner or even any other acknowledgement??? I can only assume their behavior and attitude must precede them....

Posted (edited)

I think it's far more likely that PMDG themselves is not interested. They want total control of their products. Partners are restricted to making exactly what Asobo tells them to do and restricted to bringing updates by having to rely on Asobo. I'm glad PMDG is not trying to get their planes included in the sim by default. Inibuilds/Working Title can cover that mid level market for the airliners.

Notice that Fenix is never mentioned either - these two are going after a different market.

Edited by Andrew2448
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Sticky said:

Is it just me or does anybody else find it hilarious that PMDG is consistently never included as a partner or even any other acknowledgement??? I can only assume their behavior and attitude must precede them....

I don't think they are a partner? They make stuff for the sim, but the companies they mentioned are people actually contracted and working with them directly.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Andrew2448 said:

Working Title can cover that mid level

Calling Working Title “mid level” should be some level of blasphemy. 

• Like 12

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

Calling Working Title “mid level” should be some level of blasphemy. 

The aircraft they work on are mid level - not because of their work, but because of what they don't work on. Their avionics works is exceptional and top level for sure. But those aircraft are still stuck with horrendous default level sounds and poor texture work. Not their fault, as Matt has said repeatedly around here that Working Title doesn't do art stuff, but will keep those at mid level in my opinion.

Edited by Andrew2448
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2