Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 Development Update - Live

1 minute ago, ryanbatc said:

subscription model for acess to those lido charts etc.

unlike Navigraph, MSFS doesn't have to live off those charts. they most likely signed a long term license agreement with Lufthansa to make them available for free, just like with Meteoblue etc. that's what their 1 billion $$ in sales from MSFS 2020 is for. 

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Although the possibility of a subscription to MSFS 2024 looms large (Why not, most MS  non-gaming products have a subscription?), if the base price is $10 US per month, the number of users buying it will plummet. MS2020 originally sold for $60 US and was updated at no cost for 4 years. That's a little over $1 US per month. Then there's Catch 22. 3rd party vendors may also opt for a subscription route, further inflating the overall cost.

My guess is that the purchase price for MSFS 2024 will still be $60 US. There may be a subscription option and the there will also be a premium version.

From what I've seen so far of MSFS 2024, it's prettier, but whether the issues have been addressed (ATC, AI Traffic, weather, etc.) remains to be seen. If everything is fixed, MSFS 2024 might be worth $10 US per month. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Subscription would be my bet. And I'm guessing £10 per month.

🤦‍♂️ The rumour that just won't die...

Silver bullets, wooden stakes, water, crosses, sunlight, you name it, nothing kills it.

• Like 15
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Working title are working on the ATC. That was announced originally for 2020, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was moved to 2024

Posted (edited)

I don't anticipate any subscription being introduced, and if there was I think it would've been signposted a long time ago to absorb and react to the public response early.  There would be potentially severe tradeoffs to changing to that kind of revenue model for the overall viability of the product, and that's a fire I don't think they're going to play with unless they think they need to.  It would also mean introducing a subscription for the sim on Xbox, which I think is conceptually unprecedented for a console game?

The marketplace seems to be a big revenue maker for them, which means the more people in the door the better.  They'd be better off trying to get more 3PDs to put their wares in the marketplace as an option, to ensure they're getting a cut of more things.  Especially some of the bigger ticket add-ons like "study level" aircraft.

To the extent MSFS has a "subscription option", I think that option will just be Game Pass.

Edited by Scottoest
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

People been praying for MSFS to get a subscription for years lol. Keep praying, boys!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

16 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

There may be a subscription option and the there will also be a premium version.

what for when there is already a game pass subscription for $ 9.99 that includes all other games as well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

The subscription option is indeed Gamepass. I highly doubt MSFS would get permission to go their own way independent of gamepass. Apart from that i would suspect its business as usual with the single purchase editions. Of which i always purchase the premium edition and will do so as soon as its available.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

• Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

24 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

🤦‍♂️ The rumour that just won't die...

Silver bullets, wooden stakes, water, crosses, sunlight, you name it, nothing kills it.

You will see... this time it will happen... subscriptions everywhere... /s

• Like 4

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Can anybody help me understand what I'm missing?  I'm one of those people who is pretty content with navigraph/simbrief etc.  What's the advantage with the in sim flight planning thing other than the navigraph cost?

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, tazz said:

Unless I've missed it, I haven't seen or heard any mention of MSFS 2024 being a free or paid update. 

MS have proven incredibly generous with free content in v2020, but I'd be utterly gobsmacked if v2024 is free. The fundamental improvements and additional content are entirely worth it.

Hell, the 737 Max alone would be worth a fee, never mind all the other more substantial work that's been out into it.

If we look at history in flight sim, each major version update to a simulator has been a full price purchase. 

This is thus qualified (and I therefore expect) to pay another $60 - $120 for v2024.

However, and as noted, given MS' unprecedented generosity, there may well be a discounted upgrade fee for v2020 owners.

If so, I'll happily take advantage of it, and if not, I will also happily hand over the full price.

I've been paying for Game Pass well before Flight Simulator came out. As such I've never really "paid" for Flight Simulator as it is part of Game Pass. I do buy products within the in-game Marketplace, so I have contributed directly to Flight Simulator in that sense.

There will be no separate subscription just for Flight Simulator, it's either Game Pass which encompasses a bunch of games, or you buy the game outright.  

29 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Can anybody help me understand what I'm missing?  I'm one of those people who is pretty content with navigraph/simbrief etc.  What's the advantage with the in sim flight planning thing other than the navigraph cost?

It's an in-sim flight planner/dispatcher, you can also use it through a mobile app or web browser. It's not trying to compete with Navigraph. The features are pretty similar. But people can keep using Navigraph, I know I will give a chance to this integrated feature (I trust on Working Title delivering a nice new feature).

• Like 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

10 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

It's an in-sim flight planner/dispatcher, you can also use it through a mobile app or web browser. It's not trying to compete with Navigraph. The features are pretty similar. But people can keep using Navigraph, I know I will give a chance to this integrated feature (I trust on Working Title delivering a nice new feature).

But we can use the other also thru mobile/web browser.  I'll give it a chance too, but at this point it's a solution to something i don't have a problem with.  

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next