Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 Development Update - Live

Posted (edited)

An advantage could be that you knows what ATC considers as the actual plan and can hopefully loaded into the 530. Currently, after planning using the world map and starting the flight you will never see this plan again…

Edited by urthgental
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, micstatic said:

What's the advantage with the in sim flight planning thing other than the navigraph cost?

This is going to be huge in helping to educate people how to read charts and properly plan a flight. It's also great for someone like me who usually pops into MSFS to putter around VFR while treating everything as uncontrolled airspace, but wouldn't mind doing a "proper" flight every now and then without paying a subscription for a product I'd rarely use.

• Like 2

Wasn't Flightbeam suppose to be at the event and no announcements on any upcoming airports?

Darryl

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Krakin said:

I look forward to cancelling my Navigraph sub

Well I can't, still need it for the Fenix and soon the 777. They use external databases provided by navigraph, not the in-sim navdata.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

Made for the community, with the community. Speaks volumes.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

iUDeojL.png

I need to talk with DubiousMagician... 😇

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

That truck in the background looks AI generated...I do wonder how much AI they're using to develop MSFS2024.

Posted (edited)

MSFS 2020 allowed us to learn that Asobo wasnt going to make the same mistakes of Microsoft Flight. It was an introduction and now we see with the help from the community a great sim is in the works. A snowball effect. The few community members I hope might still join would be FSDreamTeam for native GSX, BlackSquare for in depth systems, Say Intentions / Beyond ATC for AI & ATC and FSUIPC & Axis and Ohs for hardware configs.

Some of the more exciting things mentioned to me are:
Deep dives in sailplanes, helos and helo pads, Bush flying and the ability for planes to get dirty, new physics in sling loads and banner towing, ability to have individual profiles for each plane, improvements in waves for amphibs, a world thats alive with more things to see with new animals and plants, ships & vessels. Wake Turbulence in the air and new bumps in terrain on the ground. Ability to do a proper preflight and walk around.

Things I would like to know more about would be AI and perhaps AI ATC, careers and perhaps a revamp of the logbook system, VR, 3d sounds from the environment.

Items that XPlane has that I would hope makes it into MSFS is puddles that get bigger and dry out, trains and better AI cars/road traffic.

Edited by Ident

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, YVR_23 said:

That truck in the background looks AI generated.

No it doesn't.

They're using AI basically the same way they did in 2020, for placing objects and such over the satellite imagery.

1 hour ago, ca_metal said:

I need to talk with DubiousMagician... 

I'm assuming that's one of the Gaya devs since it was from that part of the presentation.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, YVR_23 said:

That truck in the background looks AI generated...I do wonder how much AI they're using to develop MSFS2024.

What makes you think that? Is it ugly? I dont think it is AI, Especially since theres so much vehicle models that studios can just purchase.
The AI is for the placement of assets. Not generation. AI for 3D generation is often really poor and unoptimized. Total poo poo.

Edited by Frostbitexp
  • Like 1

On 6/22/2024 at 7:16 PM, B777ER said:

With a WT 737Max announced, they just saved me from buying the PMDG one. No sense in spending the money on that if we get one 4.5 months with the base sim.

I wonder if RSR threw a fit because of this and pulled the plug on coming to Vegas. 

• Like 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

3 hours ago, Krakin said:

I look forward to cancelling my Navigraph sub

I would hold your horses on this because a lot of 3rd party products are integrated into Navigraph and I can’t see this changing abruptly. You also don’t know how good this planning and chart system is that they’re introducing. Navigraph is a VERY mature product that thousands of us heavily rely on and they’re REALLY good at what they do.

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

3 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I wonder if RSR threw a fit because of this and pulled the plug on coming to Vegas. 

I doubt it. I think it had to do with preparing for the 777's release.

Posted (edited)

New default runway textures? This is a generic airport, not hand crafted, look at the buildings on the right

hfJBqNA.png

zW9aUid.png

Edited by Tuskin38