Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 Development Update - Live

Just now, jwhak said:

Anyone know what they will be using for a weather source in Flightsim 2024?

It's still Meteoblue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jwhak said:

Anyone know what they will be using for a weather source in Flightsim 2024?

Meteoblue, the same provider.

• Like 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Posted (edited)

delete

Edited by Shack95

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

1 hour ago, ca_metal said:

Meteoblue, the same provider.

Rgr Thank You Sir.

Happy Landings

2 hours ago, micstatic said:

agree.  Even easier than marketplace is creating a custom community folder.  For me an external drive.  I keep all my scenery there, and then with addon linker create a virtual link to the custom community.  If I ever need to reinstall MSFS, it's all there already untouched.  Now as I say that, I really hope all that stuff works in 2024!

Whenever I have installed MSFS, the community folder is always put on an external drive - is this just the Steam install allowing this?

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Just now, MrBitstFlyer said:

Whenever I have installed MSFS, the community folder is always put on an external drive - is this just the Steam install allowing this?

I don’t really understand the comment. I have the standard non steam install. I then created a manual community folder. Then via addon linker point my community folder to it. But my main community folder is the same drive as my sim install 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 minute ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I'm sure by now most everyone keeps a copy of their CF somewhere isolated from the main drive, external or otherwise

• Like 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

4 hours ago, Noel said:

I'm sure by now most everyone keeps a copy of their CF somewhere isolated from the main drive, external or otherwise

I’m a bit new to MSFS, trying slowly to transition from P3D.  What is the advantage of having the community folder on a separate drive?  I have two very large NVMe drives, with plenty of space to put anything anywhere I want.  Is it a performance issue?  I’d love to see the app load faster if it helps with that.  It’s ridiculously slow now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kholt said:

What is the advantage of having the community folder on a separate drive?

https://flightsim.to/file/1572/msfs-addons-linker

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

1 minute ago, turbomax said:

I’ve seen that, but I don’t get what problem it is trying to solve, or maybe I should more properly state that, I don’t see what problem I might have that this would solve.  I only install quality add-ons from a few select, reputable vendors (e.g., FlightBeam).  This looks like a tool for freeware junkies with hundreds of add-ons, some maybe problematic that cause conflicts with others.

My real question is, if “most everyone” is keeping things outside, then why?  Am I missing out on something?

I realize my question is out of scope of this thread.  I mistakenly thought it was a simple one with a quick, one-line answer.  My apologies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kholt said:

I’m a bit new to MSFS, trying slowly to transition from P3D.  What is the advantage of having the community folder on a separate drive?  I have two very large NVMe drives, with plenty of space to put anything anywhere I want.  Is it a performance issue?  I’d love to see the app load faster if it helps with that.  It’s ridiculously slow now.

For you, there's no advantage. I use my community folder on the same drive. Some people need to use the linkers because there isn't enough space.

• Upvote 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Ok, you don't need the space, though most folks do. However it's probably not wise to load all your add-ons every time you start MSFS. That's where add-on linker comes into play. You only load the the stuff you're using in that session. Also the more you get into it, very soon you have gigabytes of stuff...it really adds up fast.

I always back up the Official folder mainly due to the teething problems MSFS had inn the early days. Then if there's ever a need to re-install the sim, it can be done in little over an hour. All my community folder is on another M2 drive, and linked by Addon Linker. With 8tb of storage, (All m2's) Back up's is not an issue.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 1x 2tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial 4tb Nvme M2 Drive

11 hours ago, micstatic said:

I don’t really understand the comment. I have the standard non steam install. I then created a manual community folder. Then via addon linker point my community folder to it. But my main community folder is the same drive as my sim install 

When I installed the Steam version I was asked where the community folder should go, so I chose an external drive. I didn't manually create it.

Maybe this is unique to the Steam version?

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

2 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

When I installed the Steam version I was asked where the community folder should go, so I chose an external drive. I didn't manually create it.

Maybe this is unique to the Steam version?

not what I'm talking about at all.  I have the standard community location where the store version installs.  I create a totally separate folder on another directory.  I then download all my addons to that external folder.  Then with the addon link program it creates a dynamic link from my custom folder to the default community folder.  So nothing other than dynamic links reside in my default community folder.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next