HiFlyer

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 Development Update - Live

The confusing part to me is why would they support 2020 until 2028 if they also said everything would be compatible with 2024?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Just now, micstatic said:

The confusing part to me is why would they support 2020 until 2028 if they also said everything would be compatible with 2024?

For the people who will refuse to upgrade right away I guess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, micstatic said:

For the people that want some time before upgrading. I believe it's easier this way, less noise is created.

• Like 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

I hope someone can interview them tomorrow on the weather upgrades like visibility, haze etc. They didn't quite answer the two most important questions regarding height of supercells and visibility depiction due to haze/humidity.

• Like 2

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

14 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Yes a 737 Max!!

Will they simulate the 737 failures ?🤔

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

10 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

I didn't like how they dodged the visibility question.

Ans as suspected, they also quietly removed / avoided promoting that tornado / weather research "game mode"  (from the very first trailer last year) which appeared to have dangerous weather. I guess the "weather research" is out and "Arial Advertising" is in...

Edited by KERNEL32

Just now, Baber20 said:

I hope someone can interview them tomorrow on the weather upgrades like visibility, haze etc. They didn't quite answer the two most important questions regarding height of supercells and visibility depiction due to haze/humidity.

Jorg already answered this question as they are in active discussions with MeteoBlue.

sp

Just now, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Jorg already answered this question as they are in active discussions with MeteoBlue.

sp

Yeah same reply as ever. We got 5 months to go and they are in 'active discussions'. Yeah right.

• Upvote 1

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

4 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

Yeah same reply as ever. We got 5 months to go and they are in 'active discussions'. Yeah right.

Ye of little faith.

Best sim yet.  I can wait.

In the mean time have more fun - create your own weather.

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

No details on flight model improvements. No details on weather improvements. Very, very surprising. 

They started the presentation to show of how CFD works with many more and flexible data points.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //