HiFlyer

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 Development Update - Live

5 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

No details on flight model improvements.

That's not true. They talked about it at the start.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

No details on flight model improvements. No details on weather improvements. Very, very surprising. 

Um yes they did talk about it. They said it took them an hour to get the iniA330  set up for the new FM and the detailing of surface calculations is much better. They also said wake turbulence is in now and the CFD simulation goes out to the horizon or something like that

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Nothing on ATC, AI Traffic...zilch, nada, zip.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

No details on flight model improvements. No details on weather improvements. Very, very surprising. 

They've been talking about that for a while now. Seb even said it took him 1 hour to implement the new system on the Ini A330. 

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Just now, F1Fan said:

That’s on purpose…actually, they said multiple times that today wasn’t the day to discuss some things they want to deep dive in later on

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, KERNEL32 said:

Ans as suspected, they also quietly removed / avoided promoting that tornado / weather research "game mode"  (from the very first trailer last year) which appeared to have dangerous weather. I guess the "weather research" is out and "Arial Advertising" is in...

It was never a "game mode" it was a job/career option. And they didn't talk about anything from the last trailer, only the new trailer

Also the Scientific Research label from the tornado scene was in this presentation, copy just pasted on top of the blimp scene.

F6Wr1yk.png

4vxrWeY.png

Edited by Tuskin38

23 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

How do you know this ?

Because this is just how raytracing works in engines. You can't just exclude parts. Either all or nothing.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, F1Fan said:

They will never have enough time to talk about everything. The presentation lasted 40 minutes more than what was expected. Every year people complain about that. And every year the share more details here and there, in interviews or the Q&As. 

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Proper wake turbulence for every aircraft that is persistent for 6 minutes.

Modeling every helipad on earth.

Modeling every oil rig on earth.

Contacting every glider operation so they can place the proper equipment in the sim world.

And negating something this community always whines about: "WhY dOeS aSoBo FoCuS oN wOrLd UpDaTeS?!?!???!!!" From what Jorg said, seems like it's been 3rd party partners doing the majority of the heavy lifting with 2020 graphical updates for a while now, and it seems to be the case with 2024 as well.

Also, for everyone whining about flight dynamics and weather: it's very very obvious that Asobo is attempting to model the physical world as accurately as possible so that even a paper airplane will fly properly. I'm super excited about bush flying knowing that the terrain will actually be varied with proper physics (or at least improved physics!) It sure seems like their end goal for weather is to be able to simulate it accurately within the sim. And I'm guessing they have a long way to go with that, which is why they avoid those questions that are annoyingly asked at every live event.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, cyril972 said:

That’s on purpose…actually, they said multiple times that today wasn’t the day to discuss some things they want to deep dive in later on

Ah, ok...I actually didn't watch the entire presentation just the meat of it.  I thought they avoided that particular feature(ATC) that needs much improvements.  

8 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

They will never have enough time to talk about everything. The presentation lasted 40 minutes more than what was expected. Every year people complain about that. And every year the share more details here and there, in interviews or the Q&As. 

Got ya!

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Sweetd31 said:

th?id=OIP.DdB6_H2V5_AaeR4cM9LOzQHaF2&pid=Api&P=0&h=220

Never change FS community 

Never change the nature of flying. When airplanes fly in Biomes I'll certainly care about that more. Unfortunately, airplanes fly in the sky so I'm sorry it offends you to inquire about the thing in which airplanes find themselves. But okay, look, I can change. The photorealistic deer were fantastic. There. 

Edited by Mike T
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I wonder who their chart provider is. Did they finally work things out with NavBlue?

Edited by Tuskin38

And also, right at the beginning Jorg stated that MSFS 2020 has hit 15 million unique players. That's really a great thing for the hobby.. even if a fraction of those players stay on and become more "serious" simmers (by which I mean they will play/sim MSFS or other flight sims for years to come), that's tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of new people (possibly millions). That market expansion is great news for everyone - the developers, hardware developers, us simmers, Microsoft, Laminar.. everyone involved in any kind of flight sim. We have new hardware being announced, more and more planes, more support software. It's just great. 

• Like 13
  • Upvote 1

5800X3d, 4090, 32GB, 4 TB NVME (2x2), 4K Ultra + Framegen