HiFlyer

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 Development Update - Live

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Mike T said:

Never change the nature of flying. When airplanes fly in Biomes I'll certainly care about that more. Unfortunately, airplanes fly in the sky so I'm sorry it offends you to inquire about the thing in which airplanes find themselves. But okay, look, I can change. The photorealistic deer were fantastic. There. 

No, I just have a giant sense of humor, I find it humorous 

- you are also talking to a fsx player 

Edited by Sweetd31

33 minutes ago, Freq_flyer44 said:

The weather stuff is a hot potato still I guess. Yes they improve the lighting that is great but clouds, pollution, haze.. perhaps presets have it but the live weather is tied in to what some of use really want and thats... a hot potato!

I am guessing the same. They are intentionally not saying very much at all about weather in MS2024. I would surmise they are knee deep in that aspect of the sim working on things. 

OTOH, I am liking the helipads modeling over the whole world. Couple that with all the oil rigs they are doing in the Gulf of Mexico and the fact you can land them on the new ships makes me think I will be getting into that part of flying. Mimic flying oil rig workers from Louisiana out to the rigs and such....

Eric 

10 minutes ago, Funky D said:

why they avoid those questions that are annoyingly asked at every live event.

That's nice but, weather and the atmosphere is a pilot's real world.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Its a flight simulator not world simulator MS Talk about marine traffic and not aviation traffic. ATC? Weather? Yeah ...cirrus cloud 

What is constantly improving is  scenery (biomes, season) Ok ...lighting. They keep improving on what is already above average in the sim.

We need balanced sim ...improve on aviation aspects.

1. Smoothness (performance) - to have illusion  of flight no stutters are allowed

2. Flight modelling -  physics must be believable and restrictive (if you fail to fly properly aircraft falls)

3. Flight environment (not road or sea environment) - ever more variety in the sky affecting flight (no decoration)

4. ATC and Traffic  (you are not alone and you have to pay attention to respecting the rules

5. Aircraft systems 

Improve on these aspects and you don't need any "career mode"  props which serve as "boredom killers"  because sim is not challenging (realistic) by itself.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, versus said:

Its a flight simulator not world simulator MS Talk about marine traffic and not aviation traffic. ATC? Weather? Yeah ...cirrus cloud 

What is constantly improving is  scenery (biomes, season) Ok ...lighting. They keep improving on what is already above average in the sim.

1. Smoothness (performance) - to have illusion  of flight no stutters are allowed

2. Flight modelling -  physics must be believable and restrictive (if you fail to fly properly aircraft falls)

3. Flight environment (not road or sea environment) - ever more variety in the sky affecting flight (no decoration)

4. ATC and Traffic  (you are not alone and you have to pay attention to respecting the rules

5. Aircraft systems 

Improve on these aspects and you don't need any "career mode"  props which serve as "boredom killers"  because sim is not challenging (realistic) by itself.

They've spoken about a lot of things on your list....even today 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

I like to dump on Asobo, but I truly think they are slowly going in the right direction. (I think it’s because I see the potential)

I have to hand it to them how much they persevere and move forward. Loved the presentation. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

just going back over

Working title said the Primus Epic 2 avionics will be used on the PC-12 NGX in the sim, and will be free to use for all 2024 addon devs via their framework.
some of the aircraft that use the Epic 1/2 avionics according to Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honeywell_Primus#Primus_Epic/Epic_2

EZi6aKi.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, versus said:

What is not "believable" and "restrictive" in current flight model?

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

4 minutes ago, versus said:

5. Aircraft systems 

So in other words design a sim only for you and like-minded others, and everybody else can go jump off a pier?

• Like 13
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

28 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

It was never a "game mode" it was a job/career option. And they didn't talk about anything from the last trailer, only the new trailer

Also the Scientific Research label from the tornado scene was in this presentation, copy just pasted on top of the blimp scene.

That is kind of my point, they changed up the background of scientific research, removed that supercell and tornado and now put in some blimp. Obviously what they had planned for supercells was either scrapped or must not have worked out. This is even more evident in how they answered (or rather avoided) that weather/supercell question in the Q&A after the presentation.

Just now, KERNEL32 said:

Obviously what they had planned for supercells was either scrapped or must not have worked out.

That's not obvious at all.

• Upvote 1

people on reddit are saying the charts looked to be LIDO or LIDO based 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

people on reddit are saying the charts looked to be LIDO or LIDO based 

Yeah, those are LIDO.  Makes sense if they're using Navblue.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Anyone know if there's a video up yet.  I haven't been able to find one.  I was out during the live stream.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply