Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

MSFSAddons.com Interview with Seb and Jorg (FSExpo 2024)

4 hours ago, MarcG said:

My issue is they've been trying to "fix" live weather since they broke it with SU7....2 1/2 years ago, but that conversations been done to death which leads me to expect nothing much has changed so many expectations are very low. Granted they can't be experts in every area of gaming, just pains me that what we had we lost and we've still not got it back.

I think everyone should just be patient and not jump to conclusions. There is much they have not told us. They are running a business and depend a lot on third parties to bring this all together. For all we know, they could be pursuing an alternative partner for weather data, but are not in a position to disclose that publicly for many reasons. And the default weather in 2020 is already very good and it will only get better in 2024.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, micstatic said:

Agree.  Overall a good interview.  But sometimes I get the feeling one of them has a daughter dating the CEO of meteoblue.  I would have much rather seen them try to cut meteoblue out of the sim than navigraph.  Put it that way.  

What are suggestions for a global weather provider?  I can't think of any being once in the weather realm myself.

sp

Once the trailer went out, that was the nail for any hope of cloud variation / depiction being improved. You can see it, and thats now set in stone because the 'lipstick' in this game is one of the top 'features' The improved lighting, the improved ground mesh, biomes, aurora ... this is what we will be getting (and all very welcome for sure)

The partnerships were great and many but not a single community rep from the weather side seems to be there. So here we are, jumping to the enevitable conclusion that the weather isn't gonna change much and hence some of us are irked about it. Those us that spend longer above FL300 than below it .. and it seems we are very few from comments here abouts.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Freq_flyer44 said:

Once the trailer went out, that was the nail for any hope of cloud variation / depiction being improved

The trailer does not represent the final product 

Edited by Tuskin38

49 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

What are suggestions for a global weather provider?  I can't think of any being once in the weather realm myself.

sp

I’d be cool with an open source api. That way the market could innovate 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, Freq_flyer44 said:

Once the trailer went out, that was the nail for any hope of cloud variation / depiction being improved.

I agree not nearly enough talk about weather, and the now repeated refrain that ‘we will talk / are talking to Meteoblue about how to improve’ is getting a little tiring without the meat.

Ototh, cloud lighting (per pixel?!) improvements and cirrus in are two big pluses for me. Would love to know how exactly they’re going to place them in live weather though.

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I agree. The nonstop ranting over weather is getting annoying. If you don't like the weather, don't buy the product.

8 hours ago, MarcG said:

My issue is they've been trying to "fix" live weather since they broke it with SU7....2 1/2 years ago, but that conversations been done to death which leads me to expect nothing much has changed so many expectations are very low. Granted they can't be experts in every area of gaming, just pains me that what we had we lost and we've still not got it back.

The solution is “simple”. Allow third parties to take a swing at it. You don’t need to give access for third parties to MeteoFail data servers, BUT allow Third Parties to inject non localized weather. 

44 minutes ago, UAL4life said:

The solution is “simple”. Allow third parties to take a swing at it. You don’t need to give access for third parties to MeteoFail data servers, BUT allow Third Parties to inject non localized weather. 

I believe XEnviro already does this? That's something I'm not sure about with the whole weather infrastructure, Meteoblue have a complete weather data service which MSFS streams / depicts. XEnviro has their own weather data which they can also inject in a similar way to MSFS live weather? (don't know if it can show weather in the distance?) AFAIK, REX / ASFS don't have any of their own data so need to use public stuff which they can only look up locally? Have REX / ASFS ever been able to show weather in the distance in any sim? I had ASFS in XP10 and I don't believe it could do that (might be remembering wrong).

It seems better / more complete depiction of the data Meteoblue is giving MSFS, or getting more granular data from Meteoblue are key rather than giving 3rd parties with incomplete / non-global data sets deeper access(???).

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, UAL4life said:

I'll give the Live Weather a fair go, if it fails to impress then I'll just await the inevitable ActiveSky update and use that. I fear we'll forever be waiting for third party access as Jorg is forever "talking to Meteoblue".

Edited by MarcG
  • Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Posted (edited)

Someone please just ask if weather radars will be possible or is meteoblue still blue balling us all.

If its not, I hope they expect to get brutally flamed for making a new sim and just porting over the same ol' restrictive weather system lol

Edited by Frostbitexp

Anyone remember the game Thrust? If you do you know what I mean when I say I can't wait to try the Helicopter activity whereby you have to deliver the Aircon unit, that's gonna be great fun!

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 minute ago, MarcG said:

Anyone remember the game Thrust? If you do you know what I mean when I say I can't wait to try the Helicopter activity whereby you have to deliver the Aircon unit, that's gonna be great fun!

This one.....?

spacer.png

25 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

This one.....?

spacer.png

Even earlier, I'm talking the 2D black & white Thrust on the BBC Micro 😁