4 hours ago, Daube said:

WMR is a thing of the past. The last release of a WMR was the Reverb G2 if I'm not mistaken, and that was almost 4 years ago. It sucks that owners of a G2 have to switch to something else, but at some point your headset is going to be too old anyways. These devices don't have infinite life.

My brother had an Occulus Rift S that died a few weeks ago after 3 years of simulator usage. The lack of WMR headsets on the market didn't prevent him from buying a new and better headset to replace it. 

May I ask what is his new headset choice?

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

3 hours ago, Dillon said:

I thought OpenXR is going by way of the HP Reverb G2 in a few more months...😶

My understanding is that the person who created OpenXR toolkit is no longer supporting it, but OpenXR will still be around. It’s even supported in Steam now. Please correct me if someone has better information. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, roland_lfor said:

May I ask what is his new headset choice?

He went for the Pico 4 after trying mine.

He had hesitated for the Quest 3 but the price was quite high and he wasn't sure if his computer could run it well.

His computer is as old as mine but his video card is slightly better (he has a 3070 instead of my old 1070ti), so he's quite pleased with that small upgrade. In total he spent 350 dollars or so for that headset from Amazon, it's money well spent to wait for his next full hardware upgrade (which is not decided yet).

Edited by Daube
  • Like 1

On 6/25/2024 at 2:16 AM, Gulf76 said:

Read through all of his replies in the comments to the post below:

"

"MSFS will support OpenXR and its derivatives plus SteamVR, no change to existing VR support. This is confirmed"

no change to existing VR support! What? with all WMR headsets no longer working after the Windows 24H2 update and he calls that "no change to existing VR support"?

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

1 hour ago, turbomax said:

"

"MSFS will support OpenXR and its derivatives plus SteamVR, no change to existing VR support. This is confirmed"

no change to existing VR support! What? with all WMR headsets no longer working after the Windows 24H2 update and he calls that "no change to existing VR support"?

That’s because Microsoft Windows quit supporting WMR. That has nothing to do with MSFS 2024. MSFS team are not responsible for dropping WMR. They haven’t dropped anything, but it also looks like from what we know that they aren’t planning to enhance VR support either.

5 hours ago, Gulf76 said:

That’s because Microsoft Windows quit supporting WMR

I am aware. that's why my recommendation to all WMR users is to stay with Windows 23H2 as long as possible. 

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

I think some people are getting confused with the OpenXR framework https://www.khronos.org/openxr/ and the OpenXR Toolkit with a too similar name.

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)