speil

PMDG Rollout for 777 is complete disaster

I have atteptded to download my purchase completed 3 hours ago.  It took over and hour to receive a verification e-mail.  After that arrived I have requested at least 15 times a two-factor authentication code without any result.

Perhaps, Mr. Redanso ought to get off his high horse and address the demand.

Stephen A. Peil

• Upvote 2

Mine took a little bit, as expected. But plane is installed and look great now. Does anybody have any patience these days? Or is it a thing from the past.

• Like 14
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, speil said:

I have atteptded to download my purchase completed 3 hours ago.  It took over and hour to receive a verification e-mail.  After that arrived I have requested at least 15 times a two-factor authentication code without any result.

Perhaps, Mr. Redanso ought to get off his high horse and address the demand.

Stephen A. Peil

Yeah, I think PMDG has allot to learn about running an e-commerce site. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

funny how  some  users  like  my self  had  no issues in  downloading  luckily i waited  for  a  day

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

10 minutes ago, JWfan said:

Mine took a little bit, as expected. But plane is installed and look great now. Does anybody have any patience these days? Or is it a thing from the past.

gen zeds, i want it now

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

regards, graeme crawford

I said this in the main forum, I don’t understand why people try to purchase and download a product they already know is heavily anticipated from a company that has historically troubled launches regarding their servers. I’ve been buying PMDG products for almost 25 years and in the last 5-10 years, launch days are usually marred by server issues and problems with authentication. After waiting years, what’s one or two more days, to let the servers cool down? 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 4

I have mixed feelings about PMDG. On one hand, I'm very pleased with the amount of work and achievement put into this product. The airplane flies very nicely, and it offers many features that surpass what's currently available on the market. It's quite a pleasant surprise and PMDG has done a great job.

Now, onto the unpleasant findings. I am extremely frustrated to discover that despite the known issues with the 737 related to A/P and FD integration, these problems have also been carried over to the 777. Yes, they introduced the RF legs but didn't fix the jerky banking from left to right during turns. Turns are not smooth, and I still notice bank variations during the turn even in no-wind conditions. Another issue that has been reported but not fixed is related to the ND. It will start to lock and jump every 2 or 3 degrees during turns. This is an intermittent situation but noticeable. I am curious about the issue at hand and the rationale behind introducing these bugs to the 777.

Price-wise, in my opinion, considering the programming achievements, it's a steal.
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

10 minutes ago, LRBS said:
I have mixed feelings about PMDG. On one hand, I'm very pleased with the amount of work and achievement put into this product. The airplane flies very nicely, and it offers many features that surpass what's currently available on the market. It's quite a pleasant surprise and PMDG has done a great job.

Now, onto the unpleasant findings. I am extremely frustrated to discover that despite the known issues with the 737 related to A/P and FD integration, these problems have also been carried over to the 777. Yes, they introduced the RF legs but didn't fix the jerky banking from left to right during turns. Turns are not smooth, and I still notice bank variations during the turn even in no-wind conditions. Another issue that has been reported but not fixed is related to the ND. It will start to lock and jump every 2 or 3 degrees during turns. This is an intermittent situation but noticeable. I am curious about the issue at hand and the rationale behind introducing these bugs to the 777.

Price-wise, in my opinion, considering the programming achievements, it's a steal.

strange  in  black  box  vid  he  said  the  turn  was  smooth  and  even  followed  the path

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I don’t understand how a company that spends so much time hyping people up for a release can then tell people to relax and be patient (or go grab a coffee in the rude words of everyone’s favourite former Aerosoft employee).

It’s just a botched release, seems quite like previous releases, and having RSR posting about how good they are at major releases is just tone deaf and arrogant.  I’m not one to bash RSR for every little thing he does like others do, but this is ridiculous and people are right to be disappointed.

The icing on the cake is that it sounds like people purchasing now are getting their emails pretty quickly, whereas those of us who bought right away are stuck in the depths of a server somewhere.

A bad show all around that leaves a bad taste in one’s mouth and should be utterly avoidable in 2024.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 8

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

You can just try again tomorrow when all the hype dies down and the bandwidth comes back.  I'm waiting a few days personally. The product is in great demand and it's not a race. A week from now you'll love it and will forget all this.

• Upvote 2

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

12 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I don’t understand how a company that spends so much time hyping people up for a release can then tell people to relax and be patient (or go grab a coffee in the rude words of everyone’s favourite former Aerosoft employee).

It’s just a botched release, seems quite like previous releases, and having RSR posting about how good they are at major releases is just tone deaf and arrogant.  I’m not one to bash RSR for every little thing he does like others do, but this is ridiculous and people are right to be disappointed.

The icing on the cake is that it sounds like people purchasing now are getting their emails pretty quickly, whereas those of us who bought right away are stuck in the depths of a server somewhere.

A bad show all around that leaves a bad taste in one’s mouth and should be utterly avoidable in 2024.

I finally got the email with the download link after almost an hour, but it is useless ,because they require two factor authentication, which isn't working. I am surprised they don't ask for a DNA sample, before they OK the download. Looks like tomorrow morning, before I get to download it , if I am lucky. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

It amazes me that PMDG can collect your payment without issue. But they can't deliver!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Pete Richards

I've owned every version of flight simulator since 1987. 

Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5-6000.

There are two type of people those who complains and those who are patient LOL I waited 2+ hours for my download link. Yes it a bit inconvenient but based on my previous 737 purchase experience is pretty much expected. 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI