Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

Samcene3d cities

Hey guys. 

I am. Interested to know the performance on the city packs? 

AS I am wanting to not use photogrammetry anymore. 

I do have orbx Brisbane and Sydney with no issues 

And I am. Looking to buy Vancouver with fsim studio cyvr. 

For the 777 long haul flights. 

I have a 7950X3D 

32gb Ram 6000mhz

3080ti

M2. Ssd 

Dx11

Thanks 

Mike 

I’ve found all his stuff to be very light so don’t think you’ll have any problems. Should be lighter than photogrammetry, anyway.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

7 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

I am. Interested to know the performance on the city packs?

I'm a fan of their city packs. Much prefer them to PG. Negligible performance impact for me.

Get bigger performance losses through high TLOD and too many AI aircraft being injected into the sim.

Two things to note:

1. Draw distance of 3D models is a lot less than PG. Buildings in the distance seen with PG turned on may not be displayed with 3D models until user aircraft is much closer (sim limitation).
  2. Turning off PG may cause terrain issues at nearby airports. For instance, iniBuilds' KJFK has a terrain bump on 04L and 31R with PG turned off.

Just so you know.

Also, are you aware of lossless scaling? Game changer!

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/645513-a-miracle-lsfg-lossless-scaling-frame-generation

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Very interesting. Thank you for replying guys. 

Yes with pg on I get a few stutters performance issues. 

Also I think the latest bing  map is causing issues. 

Ill have look into lossless scaling also. 

I generally really like the city packs, but do feel that the airports that are sometimes included can be a letdown. It kind of depends pack to pack and the newer ones certainly are much better than the earlier ones. Recently flew into Guangzhou and thought that one looked very nice, but performance was actually not that good. I have nearly all of the packs at this moment aside for the Canadian pack and the two Chinese airports that are currently released only on the marketplace, which are Kunming and Tianjin. But if and once they are released on OrbX, I’ll get those as well.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Your computer specs are better than mine (my specs are in my signature). I own the PMDG 737 and I also own Sam City Vancouver, along with FSimStudio CYVR. I play on 1080p resolution and with about half might settings on ultra and the other half on high, I get about 30 to 40 FPS when I land in FSimStudio's CYVR.  So the FPS is acceptable.  My understanding is, some of the photogrammetry around the Vancouver area, if you have the Canada World Update, can lower the FPS. So if you want better FPS, you can uninstall the Canada World Update. But the photogrammetry is quite good now for the Canada World Update so you will miss some good stuff.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I've been very happy with their North America city packs. Performance is light - somewhat heavier for the New York City Times product, but I'll let it pass, because it really does add a lot to NYC. I highly recommend. I'm interested in their new Canadian city packs as well now.

I also prefer their scenery even if PG is available. The other thing I appreciate is that Samscene3D provides free updates and they periodically do update previously released scenery. Their original Macau was good but felt incomplete. They released an update a few months ago and it was a signifiant update. I am underwhelmed by the new Kobe/Kyoto release, but I am confident they will enhance it at some point.

Finally, I really hope they update Vancouver to add the floating Chevron station in Vancouver Harbour. To me this was a major oversight given the city was built for a flight sim. I visited there a few years ago and that station is very crucial for the seaplane terminal. From Stanley Island, I spent a good 30 minutes just watching the twin otters take-off and land. Bliss!

Does anyone know if there is a city landmark package available for Brussels? SamScene do not seem to have one, and neither does PrealSoft.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png