Krakin

Hellisimmer Interview with Jorg and Sebastian-MSFS 2024

Edited by Krakin
  • Like 4

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

We can easily find this YouTube stuff ourselves on the official YouTube site.

Not sure what the point is in re-posting this stuff here!

20 minutes ago, tpete61 said:

I can't speak for others, but I like to post YT videos in the forum just to annoy you.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 5

it's been taken down 🤔

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

26 minutes ago, tpete61 said:

As a father of two small kids and regular day job, I truly appreciate these links since I absolutely do not have the time to visit various sites. Unfortunately.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , Turbocharged, EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40NG+tdi / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

It looks like he wanted to do a little more editing and it was uploaded too early but he will be reuploading soon.

• Like 1

Ok it worked on my phone so I've watched it, a better interview with different questions and answers not a repeat of the presentation stuff all over again. Slightly disappointed they weren't asked about VR, thought of all the interviews this would be the one to ask.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

@Krakin it's available now at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l--azHLacYc

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 5

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, Krakin said:

Unavailable to me 😞

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

1 hour ago, tpete61 said:

Folks, we have a crusader in our midst 🤣

• Like 6

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

54 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Ok it worked on my phone so I've watched it, a better interview with different questions and answers not a repeat of the presentation stuff all over again. Slightly disappointed they weren't asked about VR, thought of all the interviews this would be the one to ask.

More than slightly disappointed. 

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

Can a mod allow me to do the edit?

My notes:

• Q: Performance improvements:
    • a lot of multi-threading and much more efficient use of multiple CPU cores vs MSFS 2020
    • the CFD-based wake turbulence system is completely different architecture and a lot more performant than before. MSFS 2020 has a bit of wake turbulence modelling but it's hard-coded and expensive performance wise.
    • some existing systems were made more multi-threaded
  • Q: AI pilot/autopilot system?, how about AI helicopters?
    • They are working on something, but they can't divulge now
  • Q: Anything new for helicopter flight dynamics?
    • MSFS 2020 lacks ability to orient engines/rotors more dynamically, so that's being addressed
    • fundamental physics engine can now handle this
    • Tilt rotors are coming
    • Auto gyros
  • Q: Helipads on boats?
    • Oil rigs all have helipads, boats will have helipads that you can launch from, and more work being done
  • Q: Add-on compatibility:
    • Backwards compatibility is a prime priority
    • Target is full compatibility and zero changes needed by add-on developer, but there will some special cases which needs some changes for compatibility
    • Of course to take advantage of new MSFS 2024 features dev effort will be required
  • Q: Missions system... add-ons devs use SDK currently, are there plans to give even end-users ability to create/edit missions?
    • There are plans for this, but not for launch
    • Everything will be accessible via the SDK for add-on developers to create their own missions or edit default ones
    • Jorg said they cannot talk much about missions system now, they will later before release
  • Q: Can we expect new types of missions not shown yet in previews
    • A: yes
  • Q: What are you most excited about for the sim?
    • By far their biggest project, and lots of areas being beefed up including core simulation, new features, digital earth twin fidelity, etc .. and a huge amount of collaboration with other teams.
    • They are also putting in lots of effort to improve the sim for helicopter fans, and gliding fans
    • A sim for all types of flying and aviation activities
    • Missions are not scripted and not pre-ordained to single paths (they will talk more later)
    • Helicopter interactions with missions, and the layer of physics and other complexities it adds (i.e. carry a load, or flying with other goals).. one of the things Seb is proud about in terms of how that turned out.

• Like 10

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

12 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

My notes:

• Q: Performance improvements:
    • a lot of multi-threading and much more efficient use of multiple CPU cores vs MSFS 2020
    • the CFD-based wake turbulence system is completely different architecture and a lot more performant than before. MSFS 2020 has a bit of wake turbulence modelling but it's hard-coded and expensive performance wise.
    • some existing systems were made more multi-threaded
  • Q: AI pilot/autopilot system?, how about AI helicopters?
    • They are working on something, but they can't divulge now
  • Q: Anything new for helicopter flight dynamics?
    • MSFS 2020 lacks ability to orient engines/rotors more dynamically, so that's being addressed
    • fundamental physics engine can now handle this
    • Tilt rotors are coming
    • Auto gyros
  • Q: Helipads on boats?
    • Oil rigs all have helipads, boats will have helipads that you can launch from, and more work being done
  • Q: Add-on compatibility:
    • Backwards compatibility is a prime priority
    • Target is full compatibility and zero changes needed by add-on developer, but there will some special cases which needs some changes for compatibility
    • Of course to take advantage of new MSFS 2024 features dev effort will be required
  • Q: Missions system... add-ons devs use SDK currently, are there plans to give even end-users ability to create/edit missions?
    • There are plans for this, but not for launch
    • Everything will be accessible via the SDK for add-on developers to create their own missions or edit default ones
    • Jorg said they cannot talk much about missions system now, they will later before release
  • Q: Can we expect new types of missions not shown yet in previews
    • A: yes
  • Q: What are you most excited about for the sim?
    • By far their biggest project, and lots of areas being beefed up including core simulation, new features, digital earth twin fidelity, etc .. and a huge amount of collaboration with other teams.
    • They are also putting in lots of effort to improve the sim for helicopter fans, and gliding fans
    • A sim for all types of flying and aviation activities
    • Missions are not scripted and not pre-ordained to single paths (they will talk more later)
    • Helicopter interactions with missions, and the layer of physics and other complexities it adds (i.e. carry a load, or flying with other goals).. one of the things Seb is proud about in terms of how that turned out.

Thanks for the hot topics as always. Tpete won't be happy though. 🍻

• Like 7

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel