Dreamflight767

Quality of iniBuilds airports

Hi.  Can anyone please contest to the quality of iniBuilds airports.  They have a few large airports that I would like for sim collection but have reservations based on my experience with their airplanes.

Thank you.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Quality is decent, but they are known for very poor performance.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

Freight Pilot

They are performance hogs, even with later optimization patches they are still very performance hungry.

KLAX is prime example

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

26 minutes ago, Snuffleupagus said:

Quality is decent, but they are known for very poor performance.

Ditto.  They look pretty good - just a few notches below flight beam but are not great on performance, even with interiors disabled.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Posted (edited)

My experience is quite a bit different than others above. I have almost all of the iniBuilds heavy hitters, and they all perform very well for me. Granted, I have a beefy system, but their airports all have options to turn on/off many of the visuals, so they can be tuned. I fly heavy the Fenix and PMDG aircraft into Heathrow, LAX, Detroit etc. and no performance problems for me. So, as usual, mileage may vary. I think as far as visuals go they do a very good job with exteriors and interiors. 

Edited by sniper31
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

38 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

not great on performance, even with interiors disabled.

That's because the MSFS display engine doesn't load interiors (other objects) until very close by.

1 hour ago, Dreamflight767 said:

please contest to the quality of iniBuilds airports.

After various updates to each of their popular large sceneries, performance is acceptable to good, rather than great.

You'll need to limit your TLOD setting and the number of AI aircraft (the two biggest performance drags in the sim).

IMO, their quality is good. A step below airports by Flightbeam, Pyreegue, Marcus Nyberg and Jo Sund, but a step or two above that of BMW/AmSim, Drzewiecki, MK-Studios, and certainly far above the many, many other lower quality scenery dev products.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 hours ago, F737MAX said:

You'll need to limit your TLOD setting and the number of AI aircraft (the two biggest performance drags in the sim).

This is extremely important at mega-hubs. IniBuilds is one of my favorite devs. Taxi layout (AI traffic) is very good (EGLL, KLAX, KJFK), and it’s easy to install GSX profiles from the manager. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6400 32-38-38-30 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

Posted (edited)

Great visuals, absolutely horrendous performance.

Edited by B777ER
  • Like 1

Eric 

I only have their PHNL, but I don’t have performance issues with it. However, I am running a 4090. Would be great to know those with performance issues what GPU you have!

• Upvote 1

Definitely wouldn’t put them in the top tier - their Gulf offerings in particular are a bit light on detail. Abu Dhabi has missing taxiway lights in places and the ground texturing has a rather shiny Asobo default feel to it. Even little details like bushes and scrub which are common in sandy regions are largely absent. 

Performance is fine for me, however. 

6 hours ago, Merawen said:

Which big airport is not performance hungry?

FB's DEN?

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

U want a slide show buy it!  Even with their patches no improvement.  Their sceneries are beautiful, but stutter.stutter

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gulf76 said:

Would be great to know those with performance issues what GPU you have!

4080 for me. IniBuilds sceneries are the only ones I have any issues with. 

Edited by Snuffleupagus

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

Freight Pilot

Posted (edited)

i5 7600K/GTX 980Ti combo here, and I do not have any significant performance issues with IniBuilds (or any other) airports. I do not have AI enabled, but I do have 100% static aircraft active (which uses the AIG aircraft database that I have installed).

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png