Sign in to follow this  
SidekickUBT

MSFS 2024 Discount for 2020 Users?

56 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

Subject for another thread probably but - how much would you pay for MSFS 2024?

I'm hoping for one edition this time with everything in it, no deluxe, premium etc etc. 

Given that the current price for the Premium Deluxe is £109.99 on Steam, I'd be more than happy to pay at least that for the MSFS 2024 I've seen so far. 

I bought the Premium Deluxe last time and would be happy to pay that + maybe 10-15% more. So perhaps a max of $150. But they better have a version that starts at $60-70!

5800X3d, 4090, 32GB, 4 TB NVME (2x2), 4K Ultra + Framegen

Posted (edited)

I don't see why they would do that. It's a new product made to fund the next few years of development and other costs.

BUT they will eventually sell it for less in future sales.

Edited by ca_metal

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Posted (edited)

There was nothing in the Deluxe or Premium Editions that I considered worth the extra money, so I purchased the standard 40th Anniversary Edition last November for £60. I would hope to be able to do the same again with MSFS 2024 unless the bonus editions have something extra special in them.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

They haven't said one way or another, but you can be 99% sure the answer is no.

Regarding editions and pricing, things have changed since 2020. Most of the airports (and some aircraft) in the 2 Premium editions have since been improved upon by 3rd party devs, so the incentive to buy anything other than the base sim is diminished unless perhaps some features are left out of the base version (or they develop some airports so far not catered for by 3rd parties).

I went Premium Deluxe with 2020 but don't (currently) see any reason to buy either Premium edition of 2024. That, of course, could change when more information is released closer to launch.

As for pricing, I'm not about to give MS any idea what I'd be prepared to pay before they announce the price(s)! 🙄

• Upvote 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Posted (edited)

It's a completely standalone sim platform.  Why do people expect discounts just because they owned the previous version.  Would PMDG offer a discount because you owned the P3D version of the 777?  $100 investment for the next 5 years.  Break that down into the hours you'll be spending flying for the next 5 years and it'll work out to  pennies per hour.

Edited by ErichB
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Why do people expect discounts just because they owned the previous version.

I dont believe anyone is, it seems like it was just a question of curiosity. Regarding the perceived 'absurdity'  of discounts for owning previous sim versions of a product, I have been given numerous discounts by scenery producers when purchasing FS2020 airports after having previously purchased the P3D version. So the idea is not as outlandish as it sounds. 

19 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

For what reason, out of interest? I can understand people not expecting it, but I expect most would appreciate it if it actually happened. Are you wanting them to maximise their profit in the hope it results in more investment in the project or is there another reason?

yes, i think , the more money they make form it the more chance of keeping up the improvements, continuous development.

besides that i think it was dirt cheap for 4 years of fun.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, SidekickUBT said:

Community,

Was this asked last week or mentioned anywhere for current 2020 customers will get a discount on 2024?

Tim

I don't think there will be any discount. As another poster posted; Why would there be?

And frankly a discount is the last thing on my mind for what MSFS2024 appears to offer us. If MSFS2024 delivers the goods the developers promise, i might even pay up to $ 500 for my own private professional flight simulator. That's probably still less than one hour in a real simulator.

Edited by Wildblue

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

Why?

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

50 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Yes it is confirmed you get a discount.  As every month you no longer need to pay for Navigraph.

except for those who use aircraft that require external data.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

Yes it is confirmed you get a discount.  As every month you no longer need to pay for Navigraph.

There was tidbit from Jorg in one of the interviews from FS Expo (I think it may have been FS Elite) where he openly says they'll never be able to deliver chart or service on the level Navigraph, so I'd think twice if anyone is overly excited about completely dropping Navigraph subscription and quite frankly, I have yet seen anything from Microsobo that would surpass the level of quality of third party devs. 

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

3 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

There was tidbit from Jorg in one of the interviews from FS Expo (I think it may have been FS Elite) where he openly says they'll never be able to deliver chart or service on the level Navigraph, so I'd think twice if anyone is overly excited about completely dropping Navigraph subscription and quite frankly, I have yet seen anything from Microsobo that would surpass the level of quality of third party devs. 

From what they showed, the chart and flight planning solution they're bringing will give enough functionality to at least let us be competent on Vatsim. I'm not paying over 80 Euros a year just so I can draw and write on my charts. WT's solution does not need to do every little thing Navigraph does.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

9 minutes ago, Krakin said:

From what they showed, the chart and flight planning solution they're bringing will give enough functionality to at least let us be competent on Vatsim. I'm not paying over 80 Euros a year just so I can draw and write on my charts. WT's solution does not need to do every little thing Navigraph does.

Cool. 

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |