KL Oo

ElevenLabs for Voices?

Hi All,

I've just signed up to ElevenLabs to make use of the free voices (up to 10,000 characters per month) for Self Loading Cargo. SLC uses the ElevenLabs API to make use of the voices. Is it possible to do similar with Pilot2ATC or am I stuck with the voices I physically have downloaded and installed within Windows?

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

You can make Microsoft Natural Online voices work in P2A using the instructions here.  They are as good or better than most other online voices.  There are over 25 good English voices and hundreds of non-English voices.  Stick to just the English voices because many of the non-English voices are not understandable at all in English.

On 6/28/2024 at 9:52 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

You can make Microsoft Natural Online voices work in P2A using the instructions here.  They are as good or better than most other online voices.  There are over 25 good English voices and hundreds of non-English voices.  Stick to just the English voices because many of the non-English voices are not understandable at all in English.

Thanks Dave - That worked a treat.

Extending off that, is there a way to simply have all the voices used randomly for each different controller or do I need to somehow set that up? Reading the manual it sort of looks like I need to create a "Random Voice" for each of the installed voices I have....its just particularly clear to me. Is there an option to simply use all installed voices randomly?

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Yes.  Check the box "Use Random Voices", then only select a specific voice for any controller you want to always have the same voice.  Copilot is the most obvious one for that.  The others can be random, but some folks like to assign a voice to ATIS.  Otherwise, leave all the voice selection boxes blank.

Dave