Fielder

OverkillSimulations 5 best addon planes.

I noticed none are airliners, so that's not his thing. Although 1 is freeware, and 1 also mentioned is too, some of these are more expensive than average. Which is why I don't have them all. No surprises, I don't think.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I watch Overkill and enjoy his videos somewhat. He is very passionate about MSFS, but he also receives lots of freebies from developers and vendors and doesn’t really provide an unbiased review. And lots of his videos are first impressions, not thorough reviews. He often gets new stuff so I watch to see the new gizmos.  Not knocking him because he does seem like a genuine guy. But for real aircraft insight, I watch and trust Into the Blue Simulations.

Also, top aircraft is highly subjective based on what’s important to a simmer and the type of flying they do. There are definitely a few aircraft that overshadow everything else, but beyond that it really comes down to personal bias. For example, many people would argue the BS TBM 850 is top tier. And if you like systems depth and fidelity that would be true. But I strongly dislike the flight model and have only flown it 4-5 times. It’s the only plane I regret buying. But for example it’s one of Overkill’s favorites. I don’t like it because while in VR if I look away for more than a few seconds, the plane starts rotating on it’s central axis. Only an issue though for those who prefer to hand fly! Also I don’t like the low visibility from cockpit view while in VR. Like I said, most aircraft will be perceived differently by your personal bias. 

I don't like low visibility aircraft either because it messes up my 3 monitor view. I have used vr for a couple of  years where I could at least move my head a bit to improve the outside view. On my screens the interior structures are just blocking my views.

4 hours ago, Gulf76 said:

many people would argue the BS TBM 850 is top tier. And if you like systems depth and fidelity that would be true. But I strongly dislike the flight model and have only flown it 4-5 times.

Interesting, because I consider the BS TBM 850 to have one of the best flight models 🙂 It is one of the few aircraft in the sim that give a feeling of actually flying through air.

To be fair to the TBM, flight sims in general suffer from not being able to trim the aircraft correctly.  Look away from the screen and you will often look back to the aircraft rolling/pitching wildly.  I have just retired, so one of the toys I will buy is a force feedback yoke from Brunner.  Reviews describe how much more accurately the aircraft can be trimmed and flown.

Ryzen 7800X 3D CPU
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 6000MHz
24GB ASUS TUF GEFORCE RTX 4090 OC EDITION OG
1TB SOLIDIGM P44 PRO GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 7000MB/sR,6500MB/sW)
MSI MPG 321URX QD-OLED 32 inch Monitor

Not covering the usual aircraft I fly, but I'd be very wary of taking any sort of recommendation from someone that can't tell the difference between a Duke & a Baron.

G

• Like 3

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Gazzareth said:

but I'd be very wary of taking any sort of recommendation from someone

Also someone who uses redundant wording in titles!

"Top 5 Best".

hmmm

Top 5 OR Best 5 would be fine!

• Like 4

Russell Gough

SE London

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

Not covering the usual aircraft I fly, but I'd be very wary of taking any sort of recommendation from someone that can't tell the difference between a Duke & a Baron.

G

And  in addition to that, someone that shows a video of a brand new aircraft, and has no idea how to control it, and shows mistake after mistake. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

4 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Interesting, because I consider the BS TBM 850 to have one of the best flight models 🙂 It is one of the few aircraft in the sim that give a feeling of actually flying through air.

To be fair to the TBM, flight sims in general suffer from not being able to trim the aircraft correctly.  Look away from the screen and you will often look back to the aircraft rolling/pitching wildly.  I have just retired, so one of the toys I will buy is a force feedback yoke from Brunner.  Reviews describe how much more accurately the aircraft can be trimmed and flown.

Yeah, I know I am in the small minority that doesn’t like this plane. I was using it as an example of how these top 5 lists are highly subjective. On the other hand, I thoroughly enjoy the Black Square Caravan and fly it regularly. 

Carenado among top 5 side by side with A2A and BS 🤪 - am i missing something ?

Artur 

Just another talking piece on youtube looking for clicks. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Beardyman said:

Carenado among top 5 side by side with A2A and BS 🤪 - am i missing something ?

Yes, and the Carenado Mooney OVER the FSReborn M500 (aka FSR500) which wasn't even mentioned

of course as I think about it, he says it is HIS (Overkill's) list though, not what is "best" but what *he* likes to fly the most.

Edited by Mace

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

The PC12 was highly recommended and I am still mad I bought it. Especially in the beginning. Has been fixed some what but still think it is terrible.

• Like 1

Chris Chiozza

A

Edited by Ron Lefebvre
double post

Ron

MSFS -A2A Comanche250 -Cessna 310 -Cessna 414 - Black Square Duke
Black Square TBM 850 - 146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-800

Why not make our own list and see what planes come up more often the not.

Seperated by GA and airline, but only top 3

I will start

GA

414 / TBM/Comanche

Airline

Bae146 /PMDG 737-800

Edited by Ron Lefebvre
deleted

Ron

MSFS -A2A Comanche250 -Cessna 310 -Cessna 414 - Black Square Duke
Black Square TBM 850 - 146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-800