birdguy

I'm having fun...

Posted (edited)

It's not as drab and dreary as I thought it would be when I first got here.  I still have my car so every other week I can go shopping for groceries and eat out at a local restaurant.

And I am surrounded by women.

I share a dining room table with 5 women.  I am the only guy.

I play BINGO twice a week and share a table with 3 women.

I play poker once a week and of the four of us playing two are women.

I play Skip Bo (a card game) on Saturdays and Sundays and there are 4 or 5 women and myself at the table.

Yesterday these old ladies in wheelchairs and walkers started talking about male strip clubs they had been to and comparing notes.  It got pretty hilarious.  One of them suggested they have tryouts among the old men here and have a show in the rec room once a month.  She suggested they bring rulers along.  I told her it had better be calibrated in millimeters.  One of them asked me if I'd try out.  I said only if it wasn't going to be the Full Monty and I got to put a sock in the jock.  This went on for a while until we were worn out from laughing.

This afternoon I started a Scrabble group.  Just me and 4 women.  I'm teaching them how to play.

I kinda like this place.  No responsibilities and it's a lot of fun.

Why wasn't it like this when I was in high school?

Noel

Edited by birdguy
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 2

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

3 hours ago, birdguy said:

I kinda like this place.  No responsibilities and it's a lot of fun.

That's great!  Sounds to me like you've reached the point that Allen Sherman did at Camp Granada:

I always knew you were a sexy senior citizen ! Ah hah! I was right. Glad you're having fun.

As for high school, back then we were up tight; because we were still figuring out who we were. Now adays, we know who we are, and can relax and just be ourselves. At our age, we don't really care what somebody else thinks of us, not enough to try to impress anyway... It's a lot easier.

• Like 4

I'm looking forward to the stories about you showing your flight simulator to those women. 😁

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

4 minutes ago, Ted Striker said:

I'm looking forward to the stories about you showing your flight simulator to those women. 😁

Ted

Ya mean his thingamajigger has wings on it??

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

18 hours ago, Mike A said:

That's great!  Sounds to me like you've reached the point that Allen Sherman did at Camp Granada:

Lordy, It has been years since I've listened to Allen Sherman!  He had a wonderful sense of humor!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 hour ago, n4gix said:

Lordy, It has been years since I've listened to Allen Sherman!  He had a wonderful sense of humor!

My favorite song of his was Beautiful Teamsters 😋

On 6/30/2024 at 11:53 AM, charliearon said:

Ya mean his thingamajigger has wings on it??

Also known a s a flight stick..  :>)

3 hours ago, newtie said:

Also known a s a flight stick..  :>)

Joystick 😉

• Like 1

On 6/30/2024 at 10:30 AM, Penzoil3 said:

I always knew you were a sexy senior citizen ! Ah hah! I was right. Glad you're having fun

I didn't know that until I moved into this place Sue,

On 6/30/2024 at 12:48 PM, Ted Striker said:

I'm looking forward to the stories about you showing your flight simulator to those women.

Sorry Ted,  I let go of my fight simulator.  Too much to do here and I've become pleasantly lazy doing other things that don't involve my computer.  About all I do with my computer anymore is my banking, monitoring my e-mail and, of course, lurking about AVSIM.

My P3D installation crashed and I was too lazy to try and fix it.  I don't miss it.  I have lots of other things to do.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

4 hours ago, birdguy said:

Sorry Ted,  I let go of my fight simulator. I have lots of other things to do.

Glad to hear you are well and enjoying your new location Noel.
Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Noel, sounds like you are having a good time and enjoying living in a senior living center.  Socialization is important to physical and mental health.  I am new to the club, but I am finding that socializing helps me tremendously.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

ALLRIGHT NOEL!!!!!  Woohoo. Noel 2 weeks ago i spent a few days in the hospital, and surrounded by women young enough to be my daughters, and granddaughters. There were guys there to . SORRY GUYS  LOL These nurses, and techs took good care of me. One nurse whom i called my newly adopted granddaughter. Glad you are ok.