I use my friends and relatives and the flights they do in real life (as pax). For example: Sunday night my brother and his children flew KIAH-SKBO-SKBG. I decided to replicate their flight: last night I flew KIAH-SKBO (same flight number, almost the same equipment) and tonight I'm flying the remaining leg.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON) Ryzen 7 5700X3D (with SMT off and CO -50 mV), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

On 7/2/2024 at 7:24 PM, andy1252 said:

But I'd probably find sitting on a donkey more interesting than sitting in a cockpit.

I get the feeling Andy, this would do you nicely. 🙂 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oV1oAiGcgZXR6siAA

Cheers

Terry

Edited by Lord Farringdon
  • Like 1

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

8 minutes ago, Lord Farringdon said:

get the feeling Andy, this would do you nicely. 🙂

Hi Terry,

been there, got that, great fun. I also have a large collection of flying doughnuts, carpets, armchairs and all sorts of strange stuff. Most of it creates just momentary amusement and has only been used once. Don't think I've actually got a donkey but I'll check!

What I'd really like to be able to do is get on my donkey in the hold of a C-130, maybe over Washington or somewhere similar, open the ramp, gee-up the beast down the length of the hold and launch into space, have our parachutes open, make a happy landing and then trot off into the distance. And actually, with the possible exception of the donkey aspect, I suspect the ability to do just that is not far away now (the CS C-130 update is out now and flies with doors open).

(have you tried the elephants at heathrow thingy? It'll kill your system, performance wise, but it's worth at least one visit for a few screenies). When I get my PMDG 777-200 (which I will almost certainly do) that's going to be the first setup I run with it <grin>

• Like 2

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

19 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Hi Terry,

been there, got that, great fun. I also have a large collection of flying doughnuts, carpets, armchairs and all sorts of strange stuff. Most of it creates just momentary amusement and has only been used once. Don't think I've actually got a donkey but I'll check!

What I'd really like to be able to do is get on my donkey in the hold of a C-130, maybe over Washington or somewhere similar, open the ramp, gee-up the beast down the length of the hold and launch into space, have our parachutes open, make a happy landing and then trot off into the distance. And actually, with the possible exception of the donkey aspect, I suspect the ability to do just that is not far away now (the CS C-130 update is out now and flies with doors open).

(have you tried the elephants at heathrow thingy? It'll kill your system, performance wise, but it's worth at least one visit for a few screenies). When I get my PMDG 777-200 (which I will almost certainly do) that's going to be the first setup I run with it <grin>

Haha. It' sounds like you're having a lot of fun Andy. Good on ya mate!  MSFS has something for everyone. 

Thanks for the heads up on the C-130 update. With the cargo door able to open in flight, this might offer some good video opportunities so although missing a lot of features and 'typically CS', they did at least provide an RNZAF 40 Squadron livery (my old Squadron) so I might reverse my decision not to buy this. But of course there is the TFDi MD-11, the Curtiss C-46, the B777F when that arrives, a possible B707 Local Legend and of course the new MSFS 2024 sim. Then there's Bluebirds B757 and FSReborn/SWS B727 probably both in the new sim. Sheesh, this is getting expensive and there is much more to come I suspect! 

So in the meantime I have studied the cold and dark start up for the TFdi MD-11 and my head is spinning so it's time for a fun filled break. What is this 'elephants at Heathrow' you speak of Andy? 😃

Cheers

Terry

Edited by Lord Farringdon
  • Like 1

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

It seems rather ironic that so many simmers have been complaining that FS2024 is going all "gamey" because it gives pilots things to do (like real pilots), and then there's this rather refreshing thread here where people are crying out for just that.

1 hour ago, Lord Farringdon said:

So in the meantime I have studied the cold and dark start up for the TFdi MD-11 and my head is spinning so it's time for a fun filled break. What is this 'elephants at Heathrow' you speak of

Hi Terry,

you can get it at .to - https://flightsim.to/file/4161/london-heathrow-elephant-invasion

and it looks like this -

eIqhdQJ.jpg

and this is fun, too!

cdCTEGc.jpg

You can find lots of such stuff here - https://flightsim-squadron.itch.io/flightsim-fantasy

Trust me, my hangar is a scary place!

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

49 minutes ago, Grindathotte said:

It seems rather ironic that so many simmers have been complaining that FS2024 is going all "gamey" because it gives pilots things to do (like real pilots), and then there's this rather refreshing thread here where people are crying out for just that.

@andy1252 is the leader of this phenomenon. He's actually an honorary member of our stuffy study level aircraft crew room, but when he buys his study level PMDG B777-200 he will insist it has CTRL-E and without one bit of study or any attention to anything on the flight deck that has glass in front of it, or switches, knobs, bells or whistles, he will fly it like he stole it!  Just don't expect an in depth review of the flight model after he lands it at Heathrow on a runway full of elephants 🤣!!   

Go Andy!! 

Cheers

Terry

• Like 1

Soon everything will be fine again, you will no longer need any head-canon and background-story-immersion and action-missions with storyline and any other reasons why to fly from Juneau to Yellowknife or anywhere else - when the FlyByWire A380 is released.

Soon the FlyByWire A380 will be the only reason necessary for launching the sim, every fully simulated button and display will be one more reason, N1 N2 and N3 x 4 engines are 12 more reasons, but having the privilege sitting in THAT AAA-quality-cockpit will be the only reason necessary to start the sim (with many side-reasons and co-reasons like for example having two electronic backup-ADIs, the best aircraft and cockpit visuals ever made, a fully simulated electrics ECAM page, and more...)