23 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

What do you mean by vr activation key?

Hello mate,

The key assigned to activate vr in MSFS keyboard controller settings.

wmr is listed but indicates that it needs installing.

I have 26 references to Analog Holographic Desktop. Should I delete these and how do I do that?

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

HiFlyer,

The key assigned to activate/deactivate VR in MSFS keyboard controller settings.

WMR is listed in store but indicates it needs to be installed.

I have 26 ocurrences of Analog Holographic Desktop in drive C. Can I delete them and how do I do that?

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

40 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

HiFlyer,

The key assigned to activate/deactivate VR in MSFS keyboard controller settings.

WMR is listed in store but indicates it needs to be installed.

I have 26 ocurrences of Analog Holographic Desktop in drive C. Can I delete them and how do I do that?

Tony 

Not sure if this also applies to windows 11 but I'm hoping it does: https://winaero.com/uninstall-mixed-reality-windows-10/

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

HiFlyer,

I have been through that process and can find none of the end entries ie "remove desktop speaker and prefer desktop mic ... disable speechinput ... device Id and Mode

I do not have listed in packages the windows holographic item

The Spatial store folder is empty

Carried out the Dism /online  /Get-Capabilities

FOD does not appear to be installed 

I did find a Microsoft mixed reality portal in Packages which I cut and pasted onto my desktop in case I have to paste it back.

I have rebooted and restarted MSFS and still get the Verify message

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

Posted (edited)

I've never installed any wmr software so wouldn't know how to remove it, sorry.

What I would do is install aircar from oculus, this is a free sim-lite flying around a wet city. I used it a lot as a sanity check getting vr working as it takes msfs out of the equation...plus its quite relaxing 🙂

not at home to check but I think you install it from the oculus program and then start it from within the headset.

I think your problem is that the openxr driver is set to wmr, it's a registry setting.

Installing either steamvr or virtualdesktop will set it back to a good setting...

also there is a menu item to do that somewhere in the oculus program, setup or config.

Edited by keithb77

I had the 6800xt with quest 3 briefly and I never had to install mixed reality apps/drivers.

As a last resort you could reinstall windows.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX 4080S, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11.

Eric Escobar

7 hours ago, strider1 said:

I had the 6800xt with quest 3 briefly and I never had to install mixed reality apps/drivers.

As a last resort you could reinstall windows.

strider1,

I really fear that you may well be on the right track with a windows reinstall. If I do this and keep my files, will that retain the dreaded WMR cr.p that has caused all these problems?

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

6 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

strider1,

I really fear that you may well be on the right track with a windows reinstall. If I do this and keep my files, will that retain the dreaded WMR cr.p that has caused all these problems?

Tony

It looks like you are on win 10? Maybe that's the issue.

Installing win 11 or reinstalling it is a breeze. The only hard part is reinstalling all of your other programs.

Good luck!

Eric Escobar

strider,

No I am on Win11 pro and have been since it came out. Still getting used to it and overall I think I preferred Win10.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

strider,

If I keep my files in reinstall, will that retain the wmr problem???

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, himmelhorse said:

strider,

If I keep my files in reinstall, will that retain the wmr problem???

Tony

Not sure what files you are talking about. But you should do a clean install.

Edited by strider1

Eric Escobar

Strider,

Sorry for delay in response mate.

when resetting Windows there is an option for clean install and an install where you keep your files.

Anyway, it is irrelevant as I have just spent the last six hours doing a reset keeping files, and restoring things like driver updates, reloading and installing antivirus, google etc.

Having done all of that I got into MSFS and I still have the same problem when connected by cable to my Quest2 headset.

I do not understand this as WMR surely is a windows app and nothing to do with my files.

How in the world do I turn this "£*(&(*£E%" WMR off?

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

You need to try something other than msfs  to see if it is an msfs problem or a windows problem.

Slider.

MSFS is my only indulgence I am afraid. Can you suggest a vr game fo download temporarily?

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

5 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Slider.

MSFS is my only indulgence I am afraid. Can you suggest a vr game fo download temporarily?

Tony

Perhaps try this Steam VR demo: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2484570/Kid_Pilot/

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5