Sign in to follow this  
GOLF

Unwanted bmps.

I have some scenery that I feel has a lot of bmp files in the texture folder that are not necessary.Does anyone know of a program that will check the bgl's and identify unwanted texture files?Mac

Guest flightgamer

There is no such program.... go into the file and right click and do "View" then "thumbnails" and delete the ones you dont want, but be careful.... back up

Hi Mac,if you tell us a bit more about the specific add-on and why you feel those files may be unnecessary we may be able to provide more specific advice.Cheers, Holger

>Hi Mac,>>if you tell us a bit more about the specific add-on and why>you feel those files may be unnecessary we may be able to>provide more specific advice.>>Cheers, HolgerIt is some scenery from FS9 for Port Alberni, B.C. and CBS8.The author is Lars Hoyer. Unfortunately, he is not involved in scenery making anymore. I was in touch with him and he gave me permission to do what I could with them, just to give him credit if I republished them, which is not very likely as I am not a scenery disigner, know nothing about gmax etc, and really don't want to know. LOL. I took pictures of the buildings and most of the cars at CBS8 and did some landclass for him.During the time he was putting the scenery together he sent me many versions of the scenery. Therefore I am not sure if I need all the bmp's I have.Just thought I might be able to clean up the files a little.I have UT Canada and the harbour shoreline of Port Alberni had some strange shorelines.I thought I would try and make it look a little more realistic. Didn't realize what I was getting into.LOLAll the buildings and cars at CBS8, the paper mill, and the main buildings at the Harbour Quay are done by Lars.Mac

Hello Mac,that is a nice scenery; I still have it installed in FS9.If you have multiple versions of it I'd suggest moving them all into a temp folder and then re-installing Lars' final version, available here: http://www.vanisleva.com/index.php?action=scenery . If that works out OK you can then delete the contents of your temp folder.I believe the add-on is based on the default scenery thus it may not work well with Ultimate Terrain, specifically its shoreline positioning. If it looks too bad to be ignored the best approach would be to use SBuilder to locally exclude the UT shorelines, water, etc., and then creating your own version that works better with Lars' add-on. In fact, you can load the default polygons and vectors into SBuilder and thus create a small section that uses default data while the surrounding areas are UT.Cheers, Holger

Actually the scenery is based on the work I did with ground2k4.Unfortunately in FSX CBS8 was underground with the original scenery so I rebuilt the default airport to fit the buildings. Nothing like doing it backwards. LOLI also removed CYPB as that airport hasn't been there for years.As for the waterfront I am working on that now, rebuilding the UT shoreline.Doing things the hard way, I have been going through the bgl's with word pad looking for bmp files. Have it pretty well narrowed down now I think. Thanks for the help.Mac.P.S. I think I spend most of my time fiddling with this sim. Seems like I hardly ever fly it. LOL