Sign in to follow this  
jd

gates in fs2002

is there a utility, or a data file, which contains gate information for all the airports in fs2002?might be useful for version 3 to have that information...

Guest Scott Campbell

JD,AFCAD does gate info, adds, and deletes. Free. Do a search in the FS forum, there was some discussion a bit ago.

can i extract all the gate information into a file, and suck it into rcv3?

Guest Scott Campbell

JD,I don't know since I don't use it. Someone else knowledgeable will have to tell you. Other than that, you can DL the progy and see.

i did, i couldn't find anyway to extract all gate information. i could do it airport by airport, but....

jd, it could be worth posting over in the TTools forum here on Avsim. That is where the experts on AFCAD and gates etc. hang out - someone may be able to help you out.

You could try contacting Lee Swordy (the author of AFCAD) directly. His email address is probably somewhere in the documentation for the program. He may be able to give you the information required for you to extract the info yourself.I'm intrigued by the implication - is RC v3 going to direct you to 'taxi to gate xx'? If so, since the taxiway information is in the same files as the gate info, could it be that we will also get directions to the gate?Perhaps I'm reading too much into this, but I hope not.Ian

Ian Box

Guest Scott Campbell

Ian,From my experience, when JD can get his hands on any sort of information, it will usually eventualy find its way into RC. ;-)

jd,I don't know if I'm interpreting this thread correctly, but it would seem unwise to try and extract all the default gate/taxiway information and save it in a new format to be distributed with RC3 for its own purpose.MS obviously stored the information in a way that enables the built-in ATC to provide quite good taxi instructions, so if you can find out how to extract that data on demand, that would be the best, I suppose.Remember, a lot of people are tinkering with this information all the time with AFCAD and similar programs, and you can rest assured that you would see tons of error reports if RC3 had different ideas about the layout of gates and taxi ways than the default ATC and the AI aircraft.If you already thought of this yourself, which suspect you did, please just send me a forbearing look and forget about this post. I'm only trying to help :-)

Guest Scott Campbell

Henrik,Have you followed FS's taxi instructions and seen where they put gates? Everyone has a better idea of where the planes belong and how they should taxi. ;-)