Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliff

Why so few verbal instructions?

Guest cliff

Peter I have an open mind so let me ask about the part that put me off changing from FS Nav.If I print my Flight Plan in FSNav it comes out in an easily readable form. In fact it's a copy of the Plan on the Screen.Now maybe I haven't been using FSBuild correctly but when I printed a Plan the result was not nearly as clear and understandable as FSNav.Have I missed something or is there a way to print easily understandable Plans?Cliff

Guest Kultsound

Hehe, I do agree that FS Nav has a nice print format, and that FS Build prints more in a "professional" format than easy... But...You can build a plan in FS Build, export it to FS Nav and print it! What I sometimes do, when flying really small jets without a FMC, si to use a plan from FS Build but I still export it to FS Nav and run it in order to have a visual where I am and where to go...// Peter A. Mankowskihttp://www.mankowski.co.ukhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Guest cliff

Now THAT's an idea.I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for the tip Peter.Cliff

Guest cliff

Peter I built a Flight Plan and exported it to FSNavigator. So no problem with that.Please would you tell me why you changed to FSBuild? It can take the Great Circle Route into account which FSNav can't. It allows you to choose your SID and STAR which FSNav can't (Although the relevant SID and STAR can be autimatically inserted if wanted)What are the other advantages FSBuild has over FSNav? Cliff

just as a point of clarification. as you use various planners, most of them can export to radar contact format (which is a .apl file)version 3.x and 4.0 prefer, and i highly recommend, that the plan be exported to fs200x .pln file format.jd